Automatic update after logon?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by LenovoT61B, Oct 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LenovoT61B

LenovoT61B Registered Member

What does this do, why would I check this if it checks for viruses every 60 minutes. Is there any benefits or disadvantages of this feature, does it hurt to leave it checked?

2. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

It runs an automatic update right after you logon.... Advantage? well if the PC has been off for a while it could be several update behind. It gets you NOD up to date rather than waiting an hour.

It checks for updates every 60 minutes, not viruses

Not being funny but if you have questions about the scheduler it would be better to keep them in one thread rather than open multiple threads - 3 of your threads currently ask about the scheduler.....

3. LenovoT61B

Does it impact the time on how long it takes for your PC to load?

4. PaulB2005

Like all programs it'll vary from PC to PC. I suppose it'll also depend on how many updates you need to catch up and you internet connection speed.

Try it and see. I doubt it would add more than a second normally and more than a few seconds if you'd been away for a few weeks....

5. LenovoT61B

How about if my computer is in hibernate or standby and I open it then logon, does it update too?

6. PaulB2005

Well as it's called Automatic Update After User Logon and the launch time is set to User Logon (max once per hour) then Yes it'll attempt an update, but not if you'd performed any type update within the last hour.

7. LenovoT61B

Is there any need to update my program it's version is 36.669? It works perfectly fine, no problems. I got it off the website a day ago as a "trial" and I ended up buying it.

8. PaulB2005

The updates it checks for every hour are the virus signature database updates. Without them the Anti Virus doesn't recognise new viruses.

The latest build is 672. New builds (versions of the program) are announced on the forum and can be downloaded if you want. Usually because either a) you like running the latest version or b) because it fixes a problem you have with an older version. If 669 works for you that's fine.

9. LenovoT61B

What are the changes between 669 and 672?

10. PaulB2005

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.