Automated Installation Kit (AIK) for Windows Vista SP1

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Bruce Mahnke, Feb 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Just so the new windows users don't think this is the sp1 that is going to be available for Vista basic,premium and ultimate I thought I would post this information from the Microsoft site. It is for IT professionals not home users.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[The Windows Automated Installation Kit (Windows AIK) is designed to help corporate IT professionals customize and deploy the Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 family of operation systems. By using Windows AIK, you can perform unattended Windows installations, capture Windows images with ImageX, and create Windows PE images.]

3. Bruce Mahnke

You make a very good point and perhaps I should have made it more clear. This is not SP1 for Vista that will be made available later. Thank you for writing.

Bruce

4. truthseeker

truthseeker Former Poster

What can we use it for? What's its purpose?

5. Mac25

Mac25 Registered Member

exactly what i was wondering, what can be done with it?

6. truthseeker

truthseeker Former Poster

Yeah, I have seen WAIK mention a lot, especially for creating VistaPE boot CD.

I used WAIK myself for this task. However, what else is WAIK used for? What is its purpose? For developers and programmers?

7. Bruce Mahnke

Perhaps I have posted this in the wrong place. Once again I stress that this is not service pack 1 for Vista. Rumor has it that will be available in March but that’s up to Microsoft. There are many folks that visit this site that are familiar with the AIK.

Read the link, if it’s not clear as to what is going on then please ignore this posting. This is a creative application that is not intended for the ‘average home user’ but rather for IT professionals as previously mentioned.

Sorry for any confusion by my posting.

Bruce

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.