Automated "Check for Updates".

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by spy1, Jan 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Javacool - I know that I and many others totally trust your programs and updates.

We all also appreciate the time and effort that you put in to providing the updates for the various threats.

Do you think it would be possible to provide a "Check for Updates" module that would do the following:

(a) Check your computer for any of your software (SWB,SWG,BHB, MRUB, etc. )

(b)Checks to see what version of each program you have on your computer

(c)Checks to see what the last update was for each program

(d)Compares that information to your latest database

(e)Offers to automatically update anything that's behind the latest release/def set. (Or offers to selectively update the ones you want).

I realize that a lot of people don't like or want "auto-updates" , which is why it would be a separate module from any of the programs - only the people who do want that feature would d/l and use the module.

I'm only bringing this up because with the proliferation of your programs, the amount of programs you have out and the increasing frequency of the updates, it's getting harder to keep up with both updating them all and posting the updates in other places so people don't miss them.

Conversely, have you thought about turning the entire product line into a suite (which would have the same function outlined above built-in)?

It might also make things easier for you and Paul.

Just a thought. Pete

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

I previously considered the idea of a suite - if created, there would still be the ability to download the applications separately. :)

As for an autoupdater program to download updates for all of the programs - another great idea and one I am looking into. It would (if/when created) at least work with SpywareGuard and SpywareBlaster (although I'm not sure about the others - I'm still working on updating for MRU-Blaster). Again, so many things to do, and so little time. ;)

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.