Autochk program not found OS Selector

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by Eaglezsoar, Aug 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eaglezsoar

Eaglezsoar Registered Member

After reading through the forum messages, I found an answer to the problem I was having trying to multiboot XP32, XP64, and Vista 32.
    Partitioning and installing the three OS's was not a problem but the OS Selector turned out to be a bear. Everytime I selected XP64 or Vista, I would get the "autochk program not found" error and a reboot.
    This is caused by trying to boot from a hidden partition but the graphical
    part of the OS Selector would not edit out the hidden attribute from the selected operating system even if it was marked active. The solution that I found on this forum, "thanks folks for posting the solution" was to open the
    bootwiz folder "hidden attributes" and editing the bootwiz.oss removing the entries active="1" hidden="1" ( the hidden="1" must be removed) The OS Selector was trying to boot from a hidden, active folder which is a no no.
    I don't know if the folks from Acronis reads these but it is well documented that this has been an ongoing problem and needs corrected. Buyers of your software should NOT have to open system files and edit them manually.
    Even though I got your product working I cannot and will not recommend your disk director package until problems like these are fixed. Research has shown me that this particular problem has being going on for a long time and nothing has been done to correct it. These forums are important not only for users of your software but your your Company as well so that you may see and repair problems that users are writing about. If I had read this forum before purchasing disk director, I would not have purchased it. Silly me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.