Auto WOL Software

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by mata7, Sep 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

does anyone knows a good program that i can use on Win7 x64 To auto power-on my pc for example at 3:00pm everyday?

i will prefer free but if is good program i am ok to pay for it

thanks in advance

2. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

Pretty amazing pc hardware assembly setup you have there! Should be comfortable enough for any softy you can throw at it. How feel this +20TB hard drive?
    And are you one of the very few who is running the FD's "Rescue" version from Leapfrog?

Btw no, unfortunately, I don't know of any program that can start your pc like that, when the system is really off (I mean not hibernating).
    Maybe via some BIOS' timer settings?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2010
  3. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

thanks your comments on my pc, 20TB fells great but i will need more space soon 2 many blue-ray :)

i can start my pc when is off whit out problem using a program called Wake On Lan but i have to do it manually and i will like to do it automatic, this is for my second pc i only use it too record shows

again thanks

4. Sully

Sully Registered Member

Most BIOS since P60 era have had a wakeup timer built in. I can't recall the last one that didn't unless it was Dell or HP or something. Sometimes OEM BIOS don't have all the bells and whistles that retail boards have.

Regardless, you need to examine your BIOS for a wakeup event timer. Most can start at specific time every day.

Sul.

5. mata7

mata7 Registered Member

thanks i will check my bios is Asus P5E3 Deluxe

no luck for me, i check the bios and don't have anywhere the option to turn on the pc automatic i have the last bios, so i will keep locking for WOL Automatic

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.