auto update internet configuration

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by hennepin, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hennepin

hennepin Registered Member

Downloaded SpyWare Blaster and ordered auto update. When booting up, box appears showing that the update didn't work and check configuration. On connection preferences I have "Use my connection settings specified in Internet Options" checked. I'm on a cable modem running Windows XP, Norton Internet Security and Anti-Virus 2004, Ad-aware 6.0, and SpyBot. Sorry if this is in wrong forum--I searched and didn't find anything on this subject.

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

Please try selecting, in the "Connection" area of the AutoUpdate program, the option "Connect directly to the Internet."

Let me know if that fixes the problem. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. hennepin

hennepin Registered Member

I checked the tab Connect to the Internet. I didn't see anything happen. It looked as though it tried to connect--bar went half way and then said no new updates. Maybe there aren't any. Have there been any updates since April 1?

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

No, there haven't been any updates since 4/1/2004, although a program update (SpywareBlaster 3.1) and a database update are being worked on. :)

It sounds like you may have fixed the connection issues.

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.