Auto update for TDS-3

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Nimbo, May 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nimbo

Nimbo Registered Member

I have TDS-S running on one of my critical machines at home that only gets rebooted once every week to 2 weeks. Is there any way to make TDS-3 go out everyday automatically to get updates? Right now I log into the machine and manually run updates everyday (if I remeber :oops: ). Just looking to ease some tasks in my already swamped schedual. TIA :D

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Nimbo

It will auto update two time a week when connected to the Internet if you have the Full Version and the Automatic Database Updates Ticked, mine is unticked as you can see.

I hope this is of some help.
    TheQuest :cool:

Attached Files:

3. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Nimbo,

If you want daily updates, I suggest you use the Windows Scheduled Tasks utility, and have it run the "update.exe" file located in your TDS-3 directory. I have it set to run daily, and it works great. :cool: Please note that DCS does not post updates for TDS-3 on weekends. So you can usually get five udpates per week.

Now if I could only find a way to automate scanning... :rolleyes:

4. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Nimbo

There even a Better way as Dazed_and_Confused said.
    TheQuest :cool:

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

If TDS is not running you can't use SS3 scripts to do it for you, but an exe script can. A script getting the update on one system and distributing it via the network if you have it on several systems?

6. Nimbo

Nimbo Registered Member

Thanks everyone. Yes I know I can only get updates 5 days a week but I tell you with my schedule it is tough getting to that machine 3 days a week. I leave TDS up and running on that system from the moment it boots till the moment I reboot it. Gotta keep my critical systems safe!! ;)

7. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

So the windows task scheduler can help you running update.exe for you, even if TDS would not be running, but you know it's better having TDS running for the exec protection function. Are you able to do the scans? (remotely?)
    Maybe Wayne's remote access script in the script examples can do some interesting things for you and the other network functions in TDS?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.