Auto start

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by tonyl, May 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonyl

tonyl Registered Member

Hey guys & girls,I've just purchaced TDS-3 but im can't get it to start with windows (win xp),i have checked the box in configurations and to minimize to system tray but it doesn't want to play. Do i have to manually add it to the registry and if so which keys do i edit. Or have i just overlooked something.

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

3. FanJ

FanJ Guest

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi tonyl, welcome! with all the recommendations Jan gave, did you reboot after installation?
    Maybe best first not to configure as minimized so you see what's happening.
    But if you could get to the configuration, it must have played for you at least that one time. What happened since that it no no longer seems to show up?
    Would suggest to have it starting normal and if you like to minimize to systray. Think best also to start it manually after reboot to give it all room to start and do it's initial scans.
    Please let us know if this helps.

5. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

I'd say its a problem due to the new startup procedure in XP SP1 or higher, too much is starting at once. DONT start with Windows from TDS configuration, instead, manually create a shortcut to TDS in your Start Menu > Programs > StartUp folder

6. tonyl

tonyl Registered Member

Thanks guys,but i found the culprit. Ad-Aware's Ad-Watch,i had checked the box to lock the "Run" registry key. Sorted :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.