Auto Shutdown

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mnl1121, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mnl1121

mnl1121 Registered Member

Hi i basically just got True Image and would like to know if its possible to make my computer automatically shutdown when a backup is complete. I tried looking for the option but didnt notice one, so i'm wondering if there is an option i missed or an alternative way to do this.

2. MrMorse

MrMorse Registered Member

If you use Ti11:
    see chapter "5.3.3 Pre/post commands" in the manual.
    There you can invoke a batchfile with a shutdown command.

3. babac

babac Registered Member

Hi mnl1121,
    In order to get your computer to shut down after your backup validation process, please do the following:

-Open notepad and paste in this syntax: %SystemRoot%\System32\shutdown.exe -s -t 0 .The 0 at the end of this command line is the number of seconds it takes the computer to shutdown by itself.
    -Change the 0 at the end of the command line for the number of seconds it takes to do your regular backup(+the validation process) so that your computer may stay awake until the end of the validation process.

This change is needed because of an Acronis bug that will shut down the computer right after the backup process instead of doing that after the validation process.

-Save it with a .bat extension.In your post command set up ,retrieve this .bat file to make it part of your scheduled task.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.