Author wants any suggestions

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by dunuelos, Jun 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dunuelos

dunuelos Registered Member

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Hi! What you've got looks pretty good to me - I've moved your post from the dedicated Javacool software section here to "privacy general" where I think you are likely to get a lot more feedback ;)

3. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Nice job dunuelos! The Wilders link should help a lot of people. :)

4. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hello dunuelos, welcome to the forum. :D :D

Excellent job. ;)

Another site to help spread the word in fighting that crud :D

Seeing as you did ask, the only thing I would change ever so slightly would be: [yeah, I'm being pedantic, I know] :doubt:

SpywareBlaster is not in essence a program to 'get rid of more'. Is is basically a "preventer" of spyware loading into your system. As it sets "killbits" in the registry which prevents spyware from loading their own registry entries.

Just a minor point, but I think important. As it does not 'scan or delete'.
    Just leave out "gets rid of even more and" .... and it will still read correct.

Also to help further, if room, you could mention javacools' SpywareGuard, which guards from Browser Hijackings, etc. and works in conjunction with SpywareBlaster.

It's a great effort on your part and I highly commend you for doing that. :cool:

Cheers, TAS.

5. Robyn

Robyn Registered Member

One thing I would add is in the Ad-aware section after updating configure Ad-aware to use 'in depth' scanning. I know it would be difficult to keep this short but perhaps a link to Lavasoft's configs. or a a few pointers to the custom scanning.

6. Justhelping

Justhelping Guest

The above lines aren't too accurate either.

You might want to check the defintion of trojans and viruses.

7. LuthorCorp

LuthorCorp Registered Member

Hello Dunuelos

Good Article. I would consider adding the following free programs (since it seems as though you are listing freebies) to your list that may prove helpful as well.

1. Winpatrol: This free program helps to block spyware, trojans, & adware from ever getting on your system to begin with. Plus has other uses.

2. X-Cleaner: Free version available. Cleans your system of spyware/adware.

3. A Squared: Free version available. Known as an anti-trojan, but will find and remove other forms of malware (spyware,adware,worms ect..) as well.

Hth.

8. dunuelos

dunuelos Registered Member

Thanks for the suggestions. The article has been corrected and updated with credit given for each who gave the suggestion.

9. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi dunuelos.

Very kind of you for that. :cool: Thanks. ;)

Cheers, TAS

10. dog

dog Guest

Hi Dunuelos, ;)

You might also link to add IE-Spyad - by Eric Howes - University of Illinois - which adds known "bad" sites to IE's restricted sites - IE-Spyad

DiamondCS - also has a host of tools - both pay and freeware - They have the industries top Anti-Trojan - TDS3 also PG (Alerts you to every process/ prevents unautorized processes from starting & prevents todays latest Malware from disabling your Security Software ie. AV, FW, AT etc. and WG3 (All 3 of these apps are worth there weight in gold ... Rating A+++++) - DiamondCS Home Page and their DiamondCS's Freeware Apps - especially useful Registry Protection

dog - *puppy*

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.