Authentification to Acronis Backup Server

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mjstruck, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjstruck

mjstruck Registered Member

I´ve got some difficulties in deploying acronis backup server.
    I´ve got a tcp/ip network managed by a Windows 2003 server. For authentification a domain model is used. For backing up the server I use acronis trueimage server.
    Then I´ve got licences for acronis trueimage workstation. To backup these workstations I want to use a workstation different from the server. This machine uses Microsoft Windows 2000 professional as operating system. There I installed acronis backup server and acronis group server.
    Now, I wanted to introduce different users to acronis backup server, but, unfortunately, only the local administrator could be found in the relevant list.
    When I realized, that the list only contains members of the local group "AcronisBackupServerUsers" I introducesd several domain member (not local members) to this local group. But, still, I couldn´t choose them from the relevant list.
    What can I do to change this situation?

2. barth-metall

barth-metall Registered Member

same problem with me, the 9.1 enterprise version is very frustrating.
    spend 4000 € for this software and hoped it will save me some time, but now for 2 days i am installing, deinstalling, reinstalling, testing and analysing the errors i get.
    -group server showing members beeing offline, but they are not.
    -group server displaying computers beeing idle, but they are working.
    -same computers, same software, same user credentials, one is showing ok the other one not
    -2 licenses bound to the same computer (mac address is not a good criteria for licensing when u have a nic failover team)

hey acronis, please do more and serious testing on ur releases.
    and think over ur support concept. u cant expect an enterprise customer spending thousands of € for ur software and the go with e-mail support.
    i dont have the time to wait 3 and more days for an answer.
    dont say that i can buy me priority support, i dont pay extra money to make a software work. i already paid for the software and it has to work.
    i give i another day for testing and the support to reply to my mail [Acronis #679120], but if its not working i give the software back

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mjstruck,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Please do the following in order to add a domain administrator account to the Acronis Backup Server database:

- Make sure that use the latest build (371:cool: of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation which is available for downloading in the Product Updates section of your account at Acronis web site;

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register the software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing the latest one.

Note that you should update all components including Acronis Agents, Acronis Management Console, Acronis Backup and Group Servers. It is obligatory for all components to be of the same build on order to interact correctly.

After installing the update, please also re-create Bootable Rescue CD.

- Use local administrator account (which is not a domain administrator) to install Acronis Backup Server (make sure that you use latest build to install Acronis Backup Server);

- Then go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Local Users and Groups -> Groups and add to AcronisBackupServerUsers the domain administrator account;

- Connect to Acronis Backup Server using local administrator profile, click on Set up User profiles -> Add, select the user name and choose Create user with administrator's rights on the next page.

Now you should be able to connect to Acronis Backup Server and manage it using domain administrator account.

If by any chance there are some errors or the above doesn't help, please make a screen shots illustrating the issue. Then please submit a request for technical support. Provide the screen shots collected in your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the most suitable solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. Acronis Support

Hello barth-metall,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

As far as I can see, our German colleague Daniel Model is already working on your issue. Unfortunately, I do not speak German and therefore cannot understand the course of events.

If the instructions provided above do not help, please inform Daniel about this fact and he will certainly do his best in order to help you as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

5. barth-metall

barth-metall Registered Member

Hello Acronis Support,

now u really start to confuse me.

Yesterday i got call from my distributor, that we have an rma for the ti9 enterprise licences, because acronis support said: the software (the remote management part of it, group and backup server) will not work.

so, now we give the ti9 server enterprise licences back and order ti9 server licences. (and have a lot more work to define 8 backup jobs on every 9 servers, instead of doing all this once and distribute it remotely)

now u tell me it will work ?? o_O
    plz give me contact info for Daniel Model, or tell him how can get in contact with me. i would realy appreciate to use the software as expectet

6. Acronis Support

Hello barth-metall,

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

I have contacted Daniel Model about this issue. He will contact you as soon as possible via e-mail.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.