Auslogics Disk Defrag 3.1.0.60

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by tgell, Nov 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tgell

tgell Registered Member

http://www.auslogics.com/en/software/disk-defrag/

Changes in Version 3.1.0.60 (11/12/2009):
    * improved processing of files blocked by the system (e.g. system restore points)
    * added new color to the map – unmovable files
    * fixed a compaction algorithm bug that moved files into the MFT zone when there wasn’t enough disk space
    * tuned up color theme colors – now they match better
    * improved tray program operation
    * simplified program interface
    * improved program installer, fixed a bug that caused incorrect installation of a new version over an older version
    * corrected mistakes in language files

2. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

thx for the heads up and its a nice update with some nice changes.

3. deanmartin

deanmartin Registered Member

Nice program that keeps Improving, Ive Been using it about 2 years now without any problems and even bought there Registry Defrag which used to be free. What I like about the Disk Defrag is that its fast and can be used manualy without running in the background. It suites my needs just fine.

4. firzen771

ye i agree.

5. softtouch

softtouch Registered Member

I like that it now compact the files, to have the free space at the end. Good if you want to resize the partiotion.

6. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

I was using it in XP, but in 7, i think the built-in defragmenter is better. Everytime i did a defrag with the built-in and then followed by Auslogics, despite the "move on front" for system files, it did nothing different, as a matter of fact it left some files "isolated".

IMHO, with the arrival of Win7 disk defragmenters are by far the most overhyped piece of software out there and yet there are people that are even willing to pay for it!

I once in XP used the (free) Auslogics and then the trial of one that it was mentioned in this forum as the "best" defragmenter. It did nothing compared to Auslogics. Wasted money, all hype and nothing more.

7. tgell

tgell Registered Member

Well,
    I do not know what they did but the version is now listed as 3.1.0.65 with the same release date and no difference in the change log.

8. firzen771

hmm werid, maybe ther was a very minor change they made on the same day anf felt it was minor enuff to not need a new changelog? or they just havent posted the new changelog yet.

9. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

Now that IOBit have been discredited so no more SmartDefrag for me;this looks like being the one to go for.:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.