Auslogics Anti Virus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Cimmerian, Jul 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cimmerian

Cimmerian Registered Member

Hi all. I received an email from Auslogics announcing the new version of their AV, now V 15. Does anyone here have any prior experience with this program? I know it uses the Bitdefender engine, but I've never trialed it. I'm curious what third party firewalls would play nice with it, but I don't have the free time to play around with anything right now. I appreciate any input you all might have.

2. IvoShoen

IvoShoen Registered Member

3. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Why would I want to buy this?
    It's $30 a year. No offline installer.

Seems silly compared to Roboscan IS.
    Free version, offline installer, additional AV engine & a firewall component available not thrust on one. Oh yeah the Pro version is what $10 a year?

4. Cimmerian

I have no problem problem buying a program from a vendor like Auslogics. They offer several different pretty good freebies, so one could say paying for one supports the others. The installer issue doesn't bother me much, as long as I'm using a trust worthy website to install from.
    And as you can see by my sig, I'm using Roboscan now, and I believe I can use the free Auslogics programs to pretty much do what I would have to pay Roboscan $10 for...lol..

5. Cimmerian

6. IvoShoen

I downloaded Auslogics Anti Virus and attempted to install it and it said that I had to uninstall Malwarebytes Anti-Malware in order to continue. No thanks!

7. Cimmerian

Yeah, this can be a pain, but MBAM can be reinstalled afterwards. Kaspersky will tell you the same thing if any other security programs are installed.

8. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

unless they changed the engine somehow its basically bitdefender with the auslogics name. i tested it out and it appears to be a clone of bd almost exactly the same.

9. IvoShoen

Well, I uninstalled Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and installed Auslogics Anti-Virus. It seems to run smoothly and not use up too many resources. The only thing I wish it had is the ability to choose the response action when an item is found. Its real quiet and just kills stuff - everything I've thrown at it so far. Overall a great product.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  10. Cimmerian

Just in case anyone is interested, I emailed Auslogics support about any 3rd party firewalls conflicting with Auslogics AV. The reply was-(Antivirus is compatible only with the "pure" firewalls, i.e. the firewalls which don't have any of antivirus functions.)
    Not the clearest response, I think. I'm guessing they mean no HIPS?

11. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I don't think that HIPS would be an issue. You just shouldn't use their antivirus alongside a security suite, due the usual probem of the two different antivruses not working well (or at all) together.

12. Cimmerian

Perhaps you're right...I took "pure" firewall to mean a 2-way one, like Look 'n' Stop, or ZoneAlarm, without all the bells & whistles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.