Audio tracks from U-Tube videos?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bgoodman4, Oct 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgoodman4

bgoodman4 Registered Member

One of the things I most likes about CNET music download was the ability to "discover" artists that I would otherwise not ever come across. This could include anything from bar bands to someone working alone in his or her basement. Unfortunately CNET music download has gone the way of the Dodo. Awhile back I asked (on this forum) if anyone knew of any alternate sites and a fair number were suggested. Some of them are pretty good but none matched CNET. I recently have found that there are many music videos posted on U-Tube that fit the bill but I am not interested in the video part of the files. I don't know if its legal to download or copy the content of these files (if its not I would appreciate it if someone would tell me about it) but if it is I was wondering if there was someway to download the file and extract the audio track and then save it as an mp3 file. I know about sound card recorders but would prefer not having to use these as they are time intensive. I don't mind a good quality shareware program (as long as its not too expensive) but of course a good quality free program would be preferred. Ease of use would also be a consideration (a big consideration in fact).

2. chrome_sturmen

chrome_sturmen Registered Member

Xed FLV to MP3 Converter?

"Xed FLV to MP3 Converter is a tool to free sound resources to be mp3 file from FLV file.Its extracting function is high efficiency and quickly.It is 100% free to use, and you can use or copy it freely,but its copyright is belong to ilikesoft organization.
    "
    http://www.ilikesoft.org/product_flv2mp3.html

that might cut it for ya o_O

3. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

If it's from youtube you can usually paste the video url at the site called listentoyoutube.com. That site will extract the mp3 and you can download it like any other file. I think there is a limit of downloads per day for free.

4. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

bgoodman4,

I use WinFF in linux and it's also for Windows. It does exactly what you want and is free. http://winff.org/html_new/
    Just select 'Audio' next to 'Convert to' and then MP3 in the drop down next to it.
    (Also converts many video formats)

Regards

5. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

bgoodman4, perhaps Video2mp3 is what you're looking for.

Regarding legality, it depends on what the laws are, in the country you live in. This is what the site states in their TOS:

6. bgoodman4

Thanks for the speedy replies to my post. I will take a look at the suggested programs when I get back home on Wed and report back.

Much appreciated.

7. softtouch

softtouch Registered Member

Or check flv2mp3 at otbcode.com.
    No download, just the info. But if like a full version, I am willing to compile one for you.

8. bgoodman4

That is very generous of you, I will take a look on Wed and let you know if this is something I will ask you to do. If I can find a solution that works for me without having to put you through this I will go that route but I really do appreciate the offer.

9. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

10. lifetweaker

lifetweaker Registered Member

11. bgoodman4

Lots of options to look at I see. I will be busy when I get home Wed. Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.