Audio Converting and Editing Software Help

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by huntnyc, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Will try this again and appreciate your help. Need easy to use software to convert WMA voice recordings to either WAV for editing or MP3 and also be able to burn them to CD or DVD. Does anyone have any suggestions for a relatively inexpensive or free program that has these capabilities and thanks.

Gary

2. Woody777

Woody777 Registered Member

Did you try DB Poweramp? Nero might do this with the right codecs installed, Also try Ez CD DA extractor---very easy to do. If however the WMA files are protected you might have to burn to a CD & then rip them to mp3. EZ cd extractor will do this.

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

4. danieleb

danieleb Registered Member

I think you can do this with Easy CD-DA extractor, except editing. It's not too expensive, $29.95 License: One-time payment includes free upgrade to all future versions. One license allows you to install the software on all your personal computers.

http://www.poikosoft.com/

(I use it myself, mainly for ripping CDs directly to mp3 in blazing speed).

5. Woody777

Woody777 Registered Member

I just was at a site called Giveaway of the day. They are offering this as a free download today:i-Sound WMA MP3 Recorder Professional . I think this will do what you want.

6. huntnyc

7. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Not sure if this is what you need or not. But it is free for 4 more hours, normally $29.95.

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

If you want to give this a shot be sure and download the product, start it and enter the key code before the time expires.

8. huntnyc

Thanks for that but I will pass on that for now and consider either the one by Alo that I gave a link to or the Easy Cd one soemone mentioned and the free Audacity program to edit. Hopefully, I will not be doing a lot of extensive editing but would be nice to get all of it in one package.

Gary

9. Ice_Czar

Ice_Czar Registered Member

was researching this the other day for a veteran musician
    that is also a computer n00b :p

opensource (originally Linux platform with lots of ports to other OSs)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPlayer
    http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/news.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MEncoder

the leading commercial ap I think is DB Poweramp and is much more specialized with just audio conversion
    its the WMA thats the bitch all sorts of players will do basic audio conversions (I generally just drag it into QCD for a quick Ogg conversion but that wont do WMA)
    I also installed audacity for her

any particular reason you want mp3 over ogg vorbis?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2007
  10. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

Gary- I a few months ago I had to do just what you are talking about for someone. WMA is the codec that causes problems. I have amassed quite a collection of music software over the years, but this job called for something sweet and simple, without a billion other functions. Well, I did a search and by some unbelievable stroke of luck I found exactly what I needed. a program called, "Switch".

http://nch.com.au/switch/

It was free, simple to use, and worked perfectly. I hope they haven't screwed it up! I only had to use it that once, but it sure seemed great!

-HandsOff

11. huntnyc

Thanks to all for your help. I decided to go with Alo Audio Center for now but will keep these others in mind if that program does not do what I want or the interface is not easily manipulated. Thanks again.

Gary

12. Ice_Czar

well Im trying it at least :p

seems simple and comprehensive for what its doing ;)

13. HandsOff

Ice_Czar- Glad you're finding it useful. It really did seem pretty slick for a free program!

-HandsOff

14. Ice_Czar

actually....:p

it attempted to overthrow the government and installed dozens of apparatchik applications
    (exaggeration for effect) and which was a bit much for my needs (dont check the little extra boxes :cautious: :p

I ripped it all out but will try once again to sort it from its army of trialware ;)

the fault was mine as I lost track of the original context when I installed it

15. HandsOff

I might be wrong, but I don't think you have to install the extra stuff. I hate stuff where you have to install features that will stop working at a later date. That is NOT cool.

Having been through the ringer with DB PowerAMP, WMP, and a few others I have learned that Audio Converter means that and only that

Not Player
    Not Burner
    Not Ripper

With this in mind, the trick is not to install the other stuff (if present)

As far as I know, the concept of just one application doing everything is just a dream. I don't mind paying for a good deal like the whole package from Spoon (DB PowerAMP). My problem is then I got an IPOD and know I use iTunes! - Which once again, does not do anything with WMA...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.