"Attention not working Acronis Software sold"

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by TypeArt, Dec 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TypeArt

TypeArt Registered Member

Now testing version 11 of TrueImage. Same Problem like in TI 10. My Medion Pc is not able to work with TI.
    Thaught that Acronis will do theire homeworks with version 11.

No booting from cd with message : Acronis Loader. No configuration file present.

I would like to buy a secure and easy using software that will work.
    I don´t want to be a softwaretester buying much money for not working software.

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

3. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Why should the OP have to do that? Software should just work.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello TypeArt,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach the information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will provide you an iso image for Acronis Bootable Rescue Media that should work with your configuration.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

Please stop with the boilerplate replies and fix the problems, OK, Acronis?

I bought this product in September and have yet to have a successful restore.

I'm unwilling to risk my PC again on your untested and apparently unsupported product. If Acronis would be willing to temporarily ship me another identical PC to parallel test with I would be willing to do so. Otherwise, my comments on my webpage stand. A refund would also be acceptable.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2007
  6. TypeArt

I´m not willing anymore to buy or register a product of Acronis until i´m shure that it will work with my configuration.

When i will submit a request for technical support i only are able too choose TI 10 and have to insert a serial No.

I´m testing TI 11!!!!

Please send me the iso-Image working for TI 11 and my configuration at my emailadress

7. shieber

shieber Registered Member

It depends. If you want to get into a situatin where you've got the imaging and restore functions, that will do it and it's pretty easy to do. There is nothing to compel you to do it. For other alternatives, you can try other brands of imaging software but they all thave their probs - nothing works with everything.

Heck, I still wish that MS Excel could tell that when you enter 2+2 into a cell, that's an arithmetic formula and not a text entry-- why should I have to tell "numbers" program that numbers are numbers? Anyway, it's just a matter of choice if you want to make visataPE disk -- it's a better alternative, imo, than any of the boot disks of any of the imaging software programs I've sorked with.

8. BillyPig

BillyPig Registered Member

I would never excuse sloppy software, but you have to accept that it is not practical to test every combination of hardware and software. My original experience with TI (9) was not at all good; I couldn't understand why such an apparently flaky product had such a good reputation. So I tried alternatives and bought Semantec Ghost. It did not take me long to turn back to TI (v10) and dump Ghost for good.

Nevertheless, this can be a frustrating experience, but if you post some more details about your configuration, what you have tried and how it failed, then I am sure you will get plenty of helpful suggestions.

Pig

9. TypeArt

Got today a link to an ISO that should help.

OK. Booting in GUI is now possible, Drives are regognized, but if i want to chose the destination of a new or an old archive, i can´t choose any Drive or location i only see the sandwatch and nothing happens.

Validation of an archiv causes in a crash.

So first step is done, let us do the next!!

10. kolman

kolman Registered Member

Exactly the same problem as above. Build 8064, I am able to load the GUI, but when I try to select the location, than I only see the sand watch! If I try to type in the location manually, the GUI freezes! I tried it on two different computer with several different hard disks every time with the same result. Pretty useless backup tool if the recovery medium doesn’t work!

11. Long View

Long View Registered Member

agree completely - suggest you and the others with problem situations go buy another program - there are lots out there. Personally I and the vast majority have had no problems with Acronis. I started with version 6 and have made and restored literally thousands of images.

I have also tried other programs which have failed to work for me. The best example is Paragon. Some rave about this program but for me it wouldn't work.

My point ? That's the way it is with Life in general and software in particular.
    Life is too short. The majority get on just fine with Acronis. For the minority some may wish to persevere and find a solution. For the rest move on - but don't make the mistake of assuming that Acronis is any worse ( or any better) than other companies just because you personally had problems.

12. TypeArt

I don´t think that ALdi/medion PC Owners are in a minority. This Systems are sold more than one ore two. They are sold all over the world!!

At least the buyer of the software is still Beta-tester. For my own the problem comes out with version 10 of TI. Since this version i had to try many things to get my system restored. That is ok for someone understanding what to do.
    But theire are a lot users which buy this software, finding ou that it is not running and that´s it. No comments in newsgroups ore elsewhere.

Merry Christmas, i´m hoping for a functional version of TI in 2008

13. Long View

Long View Registered Member

I know that it is a lot of work - but have you tried re-installing your system ?
    reformat hard drive and install OS and programs ? I never cease to be amazed how programs that will not work correctly on an existing machine work fine on a fresh install. Anyway that what Christmas breaks are for. 10 to 12 hours of "fun"
    but look on the bright side - you will be able to set up partitions the way that you want and then use Acronis to avoid ever having to do the job again.

14. TypeArt

Just did this. After that problems came.

First success!! As shieber told i tried to build a VistPE Image.

First trie, first success.

Everything ist working fine. Backup/Restore and Validation ist working. All internal and externel Harddisk are to use.

It is not as comfortable as the original Acronis GUI - but it works !!!!

The TI 11 plugin is 4,99 $. For me it´s ok!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.