Attention Marian/Acronis

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mike_wells, Aug 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike_wells

mike_wells Registered Member

Attention Marian/Acronis-Need Previous Builds

Marian,

Is there any possible way to make previous builds of TI available from the update page of your website? This is and has been a major request by many people on this forum and I myself needed to "go back" at one time due to problems in the new build that had just been released.

This could be a selectable non-warranted download. In other words "Use of previous builds would be at the user's risk".

Something this simple could and would do a lot for morale for your loyal user base and in addition, put a shine back on the Acronis "image" (no pun intended).

Thank you in advance for your consideration,

Mike Wells *puppy*

Last edited: Aug 12, 2004
  2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, mike_wells

They are already, and I do not mean the with any Intent. :D

It is part of any install.

But it should not be hard to set up as you say Mike.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. mike_wells

Hey my Brother (TheQuest),

They (Acronis) actually will and do support each build for the current version as it is released. What I was suggesting by stating "use at your own risk" is that NO support would be offered from Acronis if a user is running a build less than the current release. I know that we all use all software at our own risk. I was just trying to provide a means of relief for Acronis. We can not expect them to support on a continuing basis every build for every version. Therefore, if a user chooses to go "back" for whatever reason they would be on their own support wise. Again, we in turn, have to play fair and not make unreasonable requests from our vendor.

See ya... Mike *puppy*

4. Ayeaye

Ayeaye Guest

Mike_Wells,king of the backup doesn't burn his downloaded programmes onto cdr?
    Well,I never.

5. mike_wells

Ayeaye,

mike_wells "king of the backup" was not asking for past builds for himself but then I guess you probably did not read that far!

mike_wells *puppy*

6. TheQuest

Hi, Ayeaye

I see you could be one of the posters I was referring to in this thread, the sentence, about respect to posters the bit in brackets:- #8

7. mike_wells

***Moving this thread to top of first page***
    ***Want Acronis to see it***
    *puppy*

8. TheQuest

Hi, mike_wells

May be we will be lucky.

Take Care,

9. Bolan

Bolan Registered Member

Not that I don't like build 627. But I liked build 613 a whole lot better :)

Thank you, Mike, for taking this initiative :)

10. mike_wells

Hey Bolan,

Who cares about 613, 627 and all the others we've been through since the CD was released in Feb. We got SIX THIRTY FOUR now! Fresh off the compiler this A.M. Now, I just gotta go there. I've already taken my critical HDD image in preparation. Download rate was a tad slow earlier so will go get it here in a short! Update History says SZ fixes only! Wanna bet?

And, thanks for the pat on the back! *puppy*

11. mike_wells

***Moving this to 1st page so that Acronis will see it***

12. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

We can upload build 613. But we recommend using the latest build.

13. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

I care about 613 because it is the latest build I can get here.

14. mike_wells

Dear Dennis/Acronis,

Either you did not read the starter to this thread or you failed to understand what it is you did read. And perhaps, I did not make myself understood. What was asked for was a slectable "list" of ALL previous builds for TI7 since production release. Not everyone here wants 613 or any one other particular build. We (the forum members) would like to be able to run the build of our given choice. I also stated (indirectly) that Acronis could stipulate that NO support would be offered if a registered user chose to run a build less than current.

Given the amount of problems we see with each build relative to machine configuration I would think it would be in Acronis's best interest to grant this more than reasonable request!

Dennis, it has taken 7 days for Acronis to respond to my thread and the response has little to do with the original intent. Come on "guys"!

Mike Wells

Last edited: Aug 17, 2004
  15. TheQuest

Hi, mike_wells

When posted #8 above as a Bump, there was somebody here logged in at this forum as Acronis Support but they ignored it.

So do not exspect to much.

Take Care,

16. Acronis Support

Mike,

OK, I got the idea. Thanks for explaining :)
    Unfortunately this needs to be implemented and the implementation will take some time.
    So, we can put a specific build on the web and provide here a link, but at this moment you will not be able choose and select _any_ build to download.

17. TheQuest

Hi, Dennis Dementiev

Thanks you for your quick response.

Thanks very much, that will help all those who do not for some unknown reason backup their downloads?

Take Care,

18. mike_wells

Thank you very much Dennis. We will looking for the forthcoming links! Either on your website or here. It really does not make any difference as long as Acronis makes them available to their customers!

Mike Wells

19. Acronis Support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.