ATTENTION EVERYONE!!! EASY about : blank / massive popup SOLUTION!!!

Discussion in 'adware, spyware & hijack cleaning' started by DixerD, Jul 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DixerD

DixerD Registered Member

I KNOW STAFF MEMBERS APPRECIATE PEOPLE NOT POSTING SOLUTIONS ON THIS PART OF THE SITE, BUT THIS COULD SAVE US & YOU ALL A LOT OF TIME

For the past 2 months I have struggled to no avail to rid myself of this PESKY spyware called about:blank for free. I have tried Norton, Adware 6.0, Spyware S&D, HijackThis!, CWShredder, and even posted here on this site twice with no reply (I know you boys n girls are busy). My friends, I finally found an EASY solution!!! (No its not throwing your comp out the window.) Believe it or not it is a antivirus program, and its FREE So far it has worked for 24 hours with no aftereffect, so I think I'm in the clear. Here it is:

It is called AVAST! antivirus and it works like a charm to clear the start page trojan virus out of the Windows memory file to be repaired or deleted altogether. You can either go to the website:
    http://www.avast.com/eng/download/programs/avast_4_home_downloa.html
    or,

To download the software, click here

NOTE:You must register with them to receive the free code to use the software! It is located on the site right above the download or just click here

NOTEALSO BE ADVISED, if you currently have NOTON running, it will not be disabled. AVAST will automatically disable its auto-protect feature so it does not interfere with Norton.

THIS IS HOW THE PROGRAM WILL WORK

After you install the program and enter the registration code, it will do a memory scan for viruses. THIS IS WHEN THE VIRUS SHOULD BE LOCATED (you will hear a siren so make sure your speakers aren't loud) After you delete or repair the file it will tell you to shutdown and reboot by hitting yes, DO SO. After it reboots, Before it logs on it will do a virus scan from the DOS screen. When the program locats a virus it will prompt you to enter a numbered selection. After you log on, right click IE and change your homepage back to the original setting. Then after you double click IE a couple of times, you'll see if it worked or not!!!

Write back and let me know how it went for everyone! I hope it relieves your stress as it did mine! (And my girlfriend stopped nagging me too! :-* ) Later!!!
    :D - D

Last edited: Jul 18, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.