ATTENTION ACRONIS

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by iflyprivate, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Tom,

I afraid I cannot tell how the problem appeared because I didn't have a chance to see how the developing was going. As for the testing control, you have seen that it looks like everyhting is ok and the image can be mounted, browsed. The files can be copied, etc. Furthermore, it seems that small files (less than 4Kb) are not corrupted at all.

We do understand that the problem is severe and that is why it became the major task for all our Development Team as soon as it was reported. Again, we are really sorry for the temporary inconviniences, hope this will never happen again.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

As I said earlier, this sort of thing can alienate even Acronis' strongest supporters.

I could feel the heat from this all the way to San Francisco.

3. Rik Bean

Rik Bean Registered Member

Thanks, Ilya. I hope you do not feel these criticisms are directed at you, they are not, but I, and others, feel let down by the company. I echo Tom's sentiments - it would be interesting to know how this sort of fault, which is pretty obvious, got through quality control. That is an issue of confidence with the software and the company.

4. Acronis Support

Hello Rik,

I do understand what you mean and I do realize that actually you shouldn't care who exactly made the error in the program if it doesn't work for you. As I said above the error is not so obvious as it seems because the image can be mounted, browsed, etc. Anyway, since the problem is already solved all we need is just wait a little while the new build is released.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. rjbsec

rjbsec Registered Member

These things happen, though they shouldn't; however I am puzzled why you would be directing people to "upgrade" to build 859 when it currently has the mounting fault:-
    The number of posts after this was first discovered shows that many new users are being confused and troubled by the fault in build 859. Wouldn't it be better, (for users), to post a link to the previous working copy, i.e. 826 o_O

6. Acronis Support

Hello rjbsec,

Though there is a problem with mounting in build 859, this build also contains some fixes. We suggest our customers to update to the latest build during troubleshooting if the problem is not connected with mounting since some problems can be solved by just updating the build.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

7. Rik Bean

Rik Bean Registered Member

Hi Ilya

Not to labour the point, but I do care that Acronis let the program out with this bug. If I and other users can spot it quickly, then why didn't the company? That's what I mean when I talk about losing confidence.

It's not about individual blame, it's about learning lessons and putting tighter controls in place to ensure this sort of thing doesn't happen again. I believe, very strongly, that if Acronis do not learn from this episode, they will lose customers. I do not want to see that happen.

8. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Absolutely!!

Regards
    Tom

9. deckie49

deckie49 Registered Member

i've said this in the past, and will say it again...
    vote with your feet.
    image for windows (ifw) is rock solid and cheap.
    it takes a little learning curve.
    but makes great image backups and restores.

10. feverfive

feverfive Registered Member

LOL!! Just gotta laugh. My sister sent me an email that I just retrieved; seems she bought & downloaded TI8 the same day as me (6/16/05), & she's having the same issues as I am!! She's asking for help.....from me!! I told her we ended up downloading faulty software & she might want to try an OLDER version, though I doubt she'll be able to access her external HD when using the boot CD as I can't. Maybe she'll be lucky--her equipment is older than mine, & I don't think she uses firewire. He fiancee is an IT guy for a large insurance company (he's currently out of the country, thus she's asking my stupid a$$ for help). Knowing her, she'll complain about this to him, non-stop, & make him promise he'll never use Acronis for his enterprise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.