Attempted uninstalling BD2013 AV hosed my computer

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by country2, Feb 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. country2

country2 Registered Member

I had been trying out BD2013 AV plus again and due to some issues with it decided to uninstall it again and just keep using Webroot.

Went to control panel and software to remove and wth its not listed! Went manually to BD folder and the uninstall exe isn't there either .Figured no problem I'll just use their removal program....it did remove it but took awhile then said it needs to reboot.

It rebooted and W8 says hey I'm now hosed and will need to do a repair (ok not exact words but close) it was unable to repair it self so figure ok I'll just do a restore from a previous date well it didnt work as when it reboots windows says I'm still fubar (ok not exact words again but close).

Luckily I'm also a backup freak and just made a image with TeraByte and all is good again...

WTH happened? I recall a couple days ago after BD updated and I rebooted it gave a message about one of its services had stopped which I manually started and did not have a issue after that, never did see if the uninstall was still there...guess it had gotten corrupt somehow.

2. markcc

markcc Registered Member

A few months ago I had BDIS 2013 installed. I went to uninstall it (It was in the add remove programs) & it hung-up. I had to do a hard reboot. The only way I could boot was in safe mode. I ran the BD uninstaller, it was no help. Had to re image the drive. I have tried the software from time to time & always had some sort of issue with it.

3. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

My same thoughts, according to my experience on a trial of BDAV 2013 a couple months ago.
    I found BD to be very buggy (sadly!) and a tad slower than I'd like for my W8 laptop, four days were enough for me to made up my mind and get rid of it. Fortunately I was lucky enough to uninstall it "smoothly" through add/remove programs and a repass with their uninstall tool afterwards, jv16PT's regcleaner in between. Again, the other vendors sporting their av engine seem to be way better devised.
    Verdict: a poorly coded program with great protection.

4. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

same here screwed everything up when i tried to remove it.

5. mistycat

mistycat Registered Member

Here too, last week, used their removal tool, too. Lucky I had a backup image also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.