ATIH 11 Hangs during backup.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Null Actor, May 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Null Actor

Null Actor Registered Member

Hey, I recently purchased ATIH 11 and have been trying to run a backup. However, so far, each time, the backup hangs at around 30% without fail. If I kill the backup and try again, same thing, on the same directory.

Thinking maybe there was a file that was confusing it, I moved the trouble directory, and the backup just started hanging in a different place.

I'm only backing up ~8gigs of data, to an external drive with 200gigs free, so I'm not sure what could be going wrong. The True Image service, once it hangs, no longer uses any CPU or, based on Task Manager, reads/writes any more data. I still have plenty of free ram as well.

Any idea what might be going on here? It's frustrating.

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

3. Null Actor

Yeah, I saw that thread. Followed the advice -- no luck. So I just contacted supported.

4. shieber

Yep, if the updates don't do it for you, then it's Tech Support or else jsut build a Bart PE or VistaPE disk -- those that do never go back ;-)

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Null Actor,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Backup software.

Could you please reproduce the situation with compression level set to "None"? You can change compression level in the following way:

- Please go to Tools -> Options
    - Choose "Compression level" in "Default Backup Options" and set it to "None"

If the issue is not reproduced with compression level set to "None" you can try the workaround found by Haeckli in this post.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

6. Null Actor

Okay, that worked. When will it be fixed officially? It sucks to have paid for software that isn't fully functional.

7. shieber

If you got it to work with no compression, try running it several times, some folks found that any fix they go to work was only temporary.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Null Actor,

We are sorry for delayed response.

The fix will most likely be included into the next version of Acronis True Image. We are sorry, but the exact time-frame isn't defined yet.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.