ATICW v9.1 Build 3854 does not work in BartPE

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kingsley, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kingsley

kingsley Registered Member

Has anyone else have this problem?

The ATICW v9.1 Build 3854 does not run in a customized PE created with BartPE.

All you have to do is just copy the BartPE folder from the C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageWorkstation folder and put in the PEBUILDER's Plugin folder. The v8 works, but not v9.1. Why?

2. mustang

mustang Developer

Acronis forgot to add two DLL's (MSVCP71.DLL & MSVCR71.DLL) that build 3854 depends on. Do yourself a favor and download my TI9 plugin. It will give you way more functionality (including Universal Restore).

~ Edited to correct the typo in Mustang's URL (mechrerst.com should read mechrest.com. Menorcaman ~

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2007
  3. kingsley

Mustang,

Thank you for the clarification on this.

I've clicked on the link you've provided me with: http://www.mechrest.com/plugins and it does not work. It comes up as page could not be displayed.

To get around this, can I throw in the MSVCP71.DLL & MSVCR71.DLL into the customized PE ISO image?

~ Edited to correct the typo in Mustang's URL (mechrerst.com should read mechrest.com. Menorcaman ~

4. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Try this http://www.mechrest.com/plugins/. Note the trailing /.

5. kingsley

Thomasjk,

Thanks for the info.

I've managed to modify the ISO and added the MSVCP71.DLL and MSVCR71.DLL to the I386\system32 subfolder.

I've tested the new CustomPE and ATICW v9.1 build 3854 works now.

I see that there is a lot of issues with Acronis on BartPE as oppose to Acronis on XPE on Mustang's website. I will give XPE a try and see which is more stable.

6. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

I've used both and TI (using Mustang's plugin) works fine with both. What BartPE issues are referring to?

7. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

I wasn't aware of any, it worked out of the box for me.
    Could you give me a pointer to these issues.
    Thanks

F.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.