ATI9 for MAC ???

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ctrl_alt_suppr, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctrl_alt_suppr

ctrl_alt_suppr Registered Member

Hi,

I'm using Acronis Enterprise and Workstation with success since 1 year but now I'm looking for the same kind of features for Apple MacIntel!

So I have 2 questions:
    Is Acronis looking to the Mac market?
    Do you know some good bare-metal softwares for Mac?

Thanks a lot!
    Bob

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I'm sure apple has plans for what you should and shouldn't do. ;-)

3. coresupport

coresupport Registered Member

I am also waiting for Acronis to support OS X. What are they waiting for? At the corporation I work for, MacIntels are replacing the desktop Windows boxes. Goodbye Microsoft.

As for baremetal resore software for OS X. Try NetRestore
    http://www.bombich.com/

OS X Server has built-in tools also. NetBoot with ASR or NetRestore is a good option.

4. ctrl_alt_suppr

ctrl_alt_suppr Registered Member

Thanks Coresupport for you help!

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello ctrl_alt_suppr,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corporate Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please be aware that none of the currently available Acronis True Image versions support Intel Macs. As a matter of fact, Acronis True Image can sometimes be installed and used within Windows on such computers. However, booting into Acronis Rescue Environment does not work in most cases. A possible workaround is to use Acronis True Image plug-in for BartPE, but we cannot guarantee the success anyway. Please see this previous thread for further details.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

6. shieber

shieber Registered Member

If you thought MS was tough, wait until you have to deal with Apple support. There wear Tshirts that proclaim "Genius" at the Apple stores, but "Robot" or "Sticking to the Script" might be more like it. ;)

7. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Moving to Intel CPUs has made Macs more popular. Now, they have increased their share of new computer sales to almost 5%. If Acronis distributes their development effort according to expected sales, they would do more than 20 times as much development for the next Windows version as for an OS X version. I would project TI for Mac version 1.0 in about 20 years assuming Macs maintain their current market share.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.