ATI Version 9 vs version 10

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by 7thSon, Feb 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 7thSon

7thSon Registered Member

My trial period for ATI 10 Home is almost up and I've determined that it's the better product over Norton Ghost 10. However I've seen through Newegg that version 9 is available more than half off of the version 10 product. From what I've been able to gather through Acronis' web site, the only difference is that version 10 support Windows Vista. I'm still going to stay with Windows XP for at least the next couple of years. Are there any other differences between version 9 and 10 that I should know about, or would purchasing version 9 be sufficient enough? TIA.

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

Version 10 is supposed to have fixed the bug of backing up only your Outlook Express folders.

3. Long View

Long View Registered Member

If all you want to do is make and restore 9 is fine.
    I have 10 but then I always buy every version - just for fun.

From a commercial point of view though 10 has been a waste of money.
    I only make full images of (1) my OS and program partition and (2) my data partition and then I restore my OS and Program partition when needed.

If you want all the other gimmicks then go for 10 - if all you want is the best imaging program there is then go for 9

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello 7thSon,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

I would recommend that you have a look at this previous post of mine that contains links to the threads about new features of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

rotflmfao -- One man's gimmick is another man's efficiency. I think AT10 is worth the price just for the ability to automate backups and backup management -- no more need to make batch files or manually rename or delte files. ATI10 can take of all that for you finally. If that's something you're interested in then, if you want to automate the backup protocol as much as possible, without batch files or hidden partitions, then ATI10 is a big step up for prior versions.

ATI10 also has some updated drivers that 9 does not -- 9 is no longer being updated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.