ATI v9.1 and Pointsec full disk encryption

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cburton22, Mar 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cburton22

cburton22 Registered Member

I have been testing ATI with Pointsec FDE, with the help of Acronis, I was able to image the C: drive to the the SecureZone without any errors, supposedly the developers had to make some changes to get the two programs to play well together. However the whole idea of backing up the encrypted partition of a laptop to the un-secure SZ didnt make sense.

Basically what I am attempting to do now is create another encrypted NTFS partition on the laptop hard drive, I am able to create the images and restore them using the Pointsec encryption filter plugin and the ATI plugin for BartPE.

The issue I am running into is: I have created a directory on the encrypted partition that stores the TI executable and associated files which I launch from Windows safe mode. I am able to launch the exe and create the recovery task, however upon reboot, even after logging into the encryption software the restore just errors out.

Sorry for this being so long, any ideas on a way to make this work? Thanks.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello cburton22,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corporate Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that when you create an image of encrypted hard drive using Acronis Bootable Rescue Media (raw data mode) the contents of the image will stay encrypted.

Please be aware that Acronis True Image does not officially support third-party encryption software. It is always possible to create a raw data image of hard drive though, which is the recommended method for such cases.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.