ATI stuck on a task

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rwalker01, Aug 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rwalker01

rwalker01 Registered Member

I am trialing ATI. I created a back up of my hard drive and a task to do incremental back ups daily. I noticed the back ups were not occurrring and the following error message in the log (I deleted all the analyzing partition messages before the error):

<event code="1015" id="7" message="User name or password for remote resource \\Hd-htglfcf\Schuyler_BU\Schuyler _BU.tib is incorrect or selected device is inaccessible. Please re-type your user name and password, and check up, whether the selected device is connected. " module="1" time="1123142406" type="4" />

<event code="5" id="8" message="Image creation has failed." module="100" time="1123142406" type="4" />
    </log>

Yesteraday I started the incremental back up task manually. The ATI log now shows the following for the last 20 hours (note Schuyler_BU3.tib):

<event code="1008" id="7" message="Imaging operation summary:
    &lt;bold>Create Incremental Image&lt;/bold>
    &lt;tabpoint value=30>&lt;indent value=4>From: &lt;indent value=10>NTFS (C:)&lt;/indent>&lt;indent value=4>
    To file: &lt;indent value=10>&quot;\\Hd-htglfcf\bu_schuyler\Schuyler _BU3.tib&quot;&lt;/indent>&lt;indent value=4>
    Compression: &lt;indent value=10>Maximum&lt;/indent>&lt;indent value=4>
    Description: &lt;indent value=10>
    &quot;Incremental back up Schuyler&quot;&lt;/indent>&lt;indent value=4>
    &lt;/indent>" module="1" time="1123534424" type="2" />
    <event code="504" id="8" message="Pending operation 104 started: &quot;Creating partition image&quot;" module="1" time="1123534425" type="2" />
    </log>

When I look at the destination drive, the following back ups exist:
    Schuyler_BU, Schuyler_BU2, Schuyler_BU3, Schuyler_BU4.

It looks like the fourth incremental back up was done.

I have three questions:
    1. Why were the incremental back ups failing?
    2. Why is ATI now stuck on a task that appears done (incremental back up Schuyler_BU4)?
    3. How do I remedy the situation?

Thanks.
    Rick

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Rick,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please send the full logs of the operations to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread? Also please describe in the letter the details of the task you scheduled. If the build number of the trial version is less than 903 please download the trial version once again. This will update it to the latest build available.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.