ATI Linux won't boot on my computer

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by thommcn, Jan 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thommcn

thommcn Registered Member

I have upgraded my computer, mainboard Abit KN9S, AMD 4600+ dual core, 1GB DDR2 RAM. I formatted hard drive and did a clean install.

Neither Acronis Startup Recovery Manager or Recovery CD will boot computer, freezes with blank screen and it failed to restore with ATI on windows.

ATI on BartPE disc will boot computer.

Is my system too new for ATI?

How long until Acronis releases an updated version of ATI?

2. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Very likely sounds like a Linux driver issue. You didn't mention which version and build you are running - I assume it is the latest build of V10?

If so, I suggest you raise a support request with Acronis.

F.

3. thommcn

Yes I'm running the latest version of ATI 10, I'll try support. I just wanted to see if there was any news on a new release date. Thanks any ways.

4. thommcn

Has any one else had problems with the Abit KN9S motherboard and ATI 10?

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

6. thommcn

Thanks Menorcaman, entering "quiet acpi=off noapic" in the "Linux Kernal Settings" worked.

I tried the instructions in "If your computer doesn't boot into graphical interface" no text appears so it isn't of any help to Acronis support.

7. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Good to hear :thumb:.

If you want, you can log into your account at acronis.com, contact Support and explain what the problem is, the workaround you applied, provide some sort of proof of purchase and request that they send you a link to download a special ISO of the rescue CD that has the acpi=off noapic commands hard coded into the Linux kernal. Burn the ISO to CD as per instructions towards the end of the Forum sticky linked in my post above.

By the way, you may well find that a new rescue CD created via some future build of TI 10.0 doesn't require use of those particular parameters.

Regards

8. thommcn

Thanks for the help Menorcaman, adding "acpi=off noapic" solved the problem and I have sent a request to Acronis support for a special rescue cd.

I had this problem the last time I upgraded my computer. Both times with Abit mainboards and new AMD processors.

With a bit of luck Acronis will support my system in the next build.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.