ATI full backup in TIb or not TIB

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by olivier_1968, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. olivier_1968

olivier_1968 Registered Member

Hello,

I'm currently testing ATI and few details are not very clear for me maybe a more experienced user could help me :

I created a share folder (\\server1\backup) on my backup server and i defined this folder in the backup archive location of my acronis backup server
    (c:\backup)

When a do a full backup to my network share a file mydisk.tib is created, this file can be mounted as a disk and it's possible to extract data (perfect for me)

When i do a full backup to the Acronis backup server in a location previously defined, many file cut in 2gb are created with a strange name like 90DDD354-8304-492A-9078-2FBCAAA898BB , this file cannot be mounted as a disk.

If i try to use the function "Consolidate" only backup file done to the Acronis backup server are available to be consolidate, not the backup done to the shared folder.
    Quota to the backup location look like very interresting but how it's possible to use it the Tib files ?

May be there is few thing that i didn't correctly undesertood.

Thanks in advance for any informations

Olivier

2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

The link to the Useful Forum Threads can be found in my signture below or as a permanent "sticky" posting on the main page of this Acronis True Image Product Line forum. The thread titled Backup Locations don't work; & How to Select Backup Locations is sone of the many very Useful Forum Threads included in that posting.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2007
  3. olivier_1968

Thanks for all theses informations but i use Acronis True Image server 9.1 and it seems backup to Acronis Backup server are different than an Acronis Home.

When i backup something to Acronis backup server the image file is not a tib file but for exemple this one : 93B0D05B-CA0C-4B97-BBD3-3421E5D9DF3A

I can't mount this kind of file (as a new disk)

Olivier

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello olivier_1968 and GroverH,

Thank you for using Acronis Server Disk Backup software

Please note that Acronis True Image 9.1 Server for Windows is using special system for storing files in the locations specified by Backup Server and mounting such files is not supported.

Thank you.

--
    Michael Levchenko

5. olivier_1968

Hello Support,

If i well understand i must choose beetween tib files that i can use as a daily backup (possibility to extract and restrore specifics files from backup data) but no possibility to consolidate and apply quota
    or
    backup data to acronis backup server and possibility to apply quota and use consolidation but no possibility to extract specifics files from backup data so no possibility to use it as a daily backup.

Correct ?

Thanks in advance

Olivier

6. olivier_1968

Another question, what is more efficients : Tib file or backup to Acronis Backup server (performance/reliability/spped) ?

Olivier

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Yes, you're right. Our Development Team is working on this situation and most probably some kind of possibility to work with images in backup locations will be included in the next versions of Acronis True Image.

Regarding your question about speed/performance/reliability it is almost same for Backup Server and standard .tib archives.

Thank you.

--
    Michael Levchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.