ATI does not recognize ALPS pointing device

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sded, Oct 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sded

sded Registered Member

I just upgraded from 7.0 to 8.0 and tried the new boot disk. I discovered that ATI did not recognize the ALPS pointing device (touchpad/eraser) common on Toshiba and other laptops, so was unusable without using a USB mouse instead. I checked both 8.0.771 and 7.0.634 with the same results, so it is not a new problem-I must have been using the mouse last time I restored, or done it from Windows XP. Since this is a very common device, is there a way of getting ATI to recognize the ALPS from the boot disk and when booting from Windows to restore the primary partition? Or does Acronis need yet another device upgrade? Thanks; Ed.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2004
  2. Scopacetic

Scopacetic Registered Member

Sounds like a job for the developers. At least you can just use a mouse in the USB port.

3. fiej

fiej Guest

My situation is contrary to yours. Ti8 will regconise ALPS touch pad, but it wouldn't let me use usb mouse.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

5. sded

sded Registered Member

I sent a similar message to Acronis Support on 10/10 and haven't heard anything. Not just a rescue disk problem; also occurs when rebooting within Windows XP to restore the primary partition. I know there are Linux ALPS drivers out there, but they don't seem to be found in ATI. BTW, I have the dual pointing device with both a touchpad and an eraserhead pointer.

6. Bill L.

Bill L. Registered Member

I just bought and installed build 8.0 (774). I noted this release and the earlier demo version I tried don't support the Alps touch pad on my Toshiba A10 too when using the bootable CD. Fortunately, I can get by with just using the keyboard.

7. johnpd

johnpd Registered Member

I have an Alps Touchpad/Pointer on my Dell Inspiron 8200 Laptop and have no problem. Using Build 774.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.