ATI does not find my HDD on Lenovo SL500

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tpmasch, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tpmasch

tpmasch Registered Member

I am using Acronis True Image Home Version 9 build 3854 on a Lenovo SL500 running XP SP3. When I try to restore an archive from my hard drive I get an error ‘ACPI: Could not use ECDT’ and the process aborts. When I use to Rescue Disk and boot from the CD I get the same error.

After searching on the web I found an article by Alexey Popov dated August 25, 2005. He referred the original customer to an Acronis Help Post. After reading that article I tried the suggestion of modifying the Linux Kernel Command Line to ‘quiet acpi=off noapic’. Now the Recovery Procedure will run from the Rescue Disk. The problem is that it identifies my external drive as C: instead of T:. The Archive Selection Screen lists my external hard drive as C: When I get to the Restored Partition Location screen it also list my external drive as C: and does not list my hard drive.

What do I need to do? Will a newer version of the software solve this problem?

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Your Laptop drive is probably a Sata type and you will have to load the sata drivers before the True Image program loads. It's either that or ver 9 doesn't support Sata at all.

3. tpmasch

Where and when do I load the sata drivers?

4. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Sorry, I don't use sata. But many others here probably do, so hopefully they will pop in with an answer.

5. tpmasch

I just downloaded a trial copy of the new version ATI 2009. It seems to work so I conclude that my old reliable software is just too old. Thanks for your input. I never would have guessed that a new type of HDD would be a problem.

Thanks again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.