ATI 8 build 937, Recovery CD Problems with Dell Optiplex GX620

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by justal, Dec 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justal

justal Registered Member

System: Dell Optiplex GX620, 160GB SATA, no PS2 ports; keyboard and mouse are USB, backup device is a IOMega 250GB external USB 2.0 hard drive.
    ATI: True Image 8, build 937

I can only backup the system if I install ATI onto the system (this appears to work just fine). However, when using the Bootable CD that is created using the Rescue Media creator, the keyboard and mouse are normally not recognized. If they are recognized, they do not operate correctly. I do not know if the internal SATA drive or the external USB 2.0 drive are recognized correctly due to the flaky keyboard and mouse; I have to power-off the system in order to do anything after ATI is loaded from the Rescue CD. When ATI is loading, I see a message:
    ata2: disabling port

I have seen similar problems posted, but not fixes. E.g. (I'm using ATI8, this other append deals with ATI9, but they have the same problem with their USB kb/mouse and they have the same Dell system): https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=105083

While I can use the backup images under Windows, I will be stuck if I need to do a complete system restore. Please HELP!!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello justal,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please be aware that this problem is most likely related to the particular hardware configuration and so requires a deeper investigation.

Could you please provide us with the following information?

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Let us know the exact vendors and models of your USB mouse and keyboard;

- Let us know the exact vendors and models of both your internal and IOMega external hard drives;

- Have you received any error messages? What exact error messages? When exactly have you received them?

- Download and install the free trial version of Acronis True Image 9.0, create new Bootable Rescue CD, boot your PC from this CD and see if the problem still persists;

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please also do the following:

- Launch Acronis Report Utility once again and select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;
    - Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;
    - Collect the report file from the floppy;
    - Rename the report created from under Windows to report_win.txt and report created using the bootabale floppy to report_diskette.txt.

Please keep your IOMega external USB 2.0 hard drive connected while creating Windows System Information and both reports.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the information about your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.) and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

P.S. Please also note that when your PC is booted from Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue CD an IOMega hard drive is detected as an additional CD/DVD drive and so available only for read access. Therefore you can only restore an image archive located on an Iomega drive, but not save it there. However, you can still create images saving them to the IOMega hard drive when Acronis True Image is running from under Windows.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.