ATI 2009 hangs with ext. disk connected during boot-up

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Volkmar, Jan 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Volkmar

Volkmar Registered Member

this is an update to my earlier post 'hangs when notebook is in dock'.
    In fact, it is not related to the dock. It is related to the external USB Drive.

Once the drive is connected to the notebook during bootup, ATI2009 will create trouble even without starting the app (obviously due to the loaded ATI drivers): I can't power down properly any longer, USB stick is not recognized, my WLAN connection has problems.
    If I start ATI2009 the application will hang.

If the disk is NOT connected to the notebook during bootup, everything is ok. I can start ATI and power down the notebook properly. If I now connect the ext. drive after the bootup, ATI still works fine. (independently of whether ATI was already started or not).

Volkmar

2. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Very nice detective work.

Recheck this after Acronis realeases a new build of TI 2009, it may eventually be resolved. If not, you know how to work around the problem.

3. Volkmar

Yesterday I chatted quite a bit with Technical support. A case was opened and I provided them with a number of reports and log files. So let's see what the outcome will be...
    Volkmar

4. Volkmar

I haven't neard back from Acronis on this issue. For the time being I use the work around but this is certainly not what I plan to do forever.

What is interesting though is that Acronis also impacts my WLAN. When I boot the normal way (with the ext. Disk attached), the PC will establish the wireless connection but will stay in the state 'requesting IP Address (or similar)' forever.

Isn't that strange, that ATI will create a conflict with my WLAN??

Volkmar

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Volkmar,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

We have recently release new build of Acronis True Image Home 2009 (9709). You can download it from your account (My Account -> Registered Products). Check it functionality, if the issue still persists tell your case number.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.