ATI 11 files not compatable with ATI 10 software

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dennisthemenace9, Sep 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dennisthemenace9

dennisthemenace9 Registered Member

Just thought if anyone wanted to know:

ATI ver. 11 build 8027 files not compatable with ATI ver. 10 build 4982 software.

2. Long View

Long View Registered Member

Do you mean that Acronis 10 can not read Images made by Acronis 11 ?

I haven't checked yet but that would not surprise me. If you mean that Acronis 11 can not read images made by Acronis 10 I would be very surprised.

3. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

That is correct TI 10 cannot see let alone read TI 11 .tib files.
    I have ten .tib files in my secure zone TI 10 can only see eight of them as the other two were created by TI 11.
    AFAIK TI 11 can see all ten tibs but as it is no longer on my computer I cannot be bothered to check it out.

Xpilot

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

That would seem reasonable since previous versions of TI could always read the archives of earlier versions.

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Acronis Tech Support has confirmed that ATI 10 cannot handle ATI 11 tibs

6. Long View

2 ways to look at this:

(1) as an irritant
    (2) as an indication that 11 tibs might have been improved in some way

7. dennisthemenace9

dennisthemenace9 Registered Member

Those who made TI 11 files will be forced to stay with version 11. Since the version TI 10 can't read those files. I also can't test any TI 11 files on my external hard drive using one of my computers that have T1 10 installed. That is not nice.:mad:

8. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

I don't agree that your are forced to stay with V11. If your not satisfied with V11 uninstall it and put V10 back in its place and immediately make a backup with V10.

9. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

It depends what you want to do but for many purposes you can with TI 10 installed go forwards or should I say back to your TI11 files by booting from the TI11 CD which you made earlier.
    That is what I do having gone back to TI 10 which IMHO is a much more robust and reliable Version.

Xpilot

10. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I am a bit surprised at some of the comments about this. Changing the format is what happens in the life cycle of many products, hopefully for a good reason. If you are lucky the new version is backward compatible and can read the old formats but it is not at all unusual for the old program to be unable to read the new format - after all the new format wasn't around when the old program was written. TI has always been compatible with old version formats.

11. Long View

That's also the way I see it. Backwards compat yes but forwards is not the norm.

12. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Someone needed to to tell TechSupport. They were, at least originally, telling folks who couldn't get ATI 11 to read their raid disks to continue using 11 for backups but use the ATI 10 BootCD for restore -- a fatally flawed bit of advice, since that would put a user in the positon of having no restorable backups.

Acronis should have just owned up to raid problem quickly, apologetically, with offers to refund and some indication of when they would have the problem fixed. And they shouldhave put a caveat in the sales text about raid. That would have been the honorable and responsible thing to do and it would have indicated strong concern about the users and diligience about dealing with problems -- it would have been the better business decision in the long run. Instead, users got hype, denial, misdirection, and Acronis is still selling ATI 11 to folks with raid as if nothing is wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.