ATI 11.0 rescue CD won't boot with 320GB Western Digital connected

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by d.chatten, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d.chatten

d.chatten Registered Member

I have three internal SATA hard drives installed in my system, 2 x WDC_WD1500ADFD-00NLR1 and 1 x WDC_WD3200YS-01PGB0, when i have the WDC_WD3200YS-01PGB0 connected i get and error when i try to boot from the ATI 11.0(8,027) rescue media (see pic below), if i disconnect the WDC_WD3200YS-01PGB0 then the rescue media boots without issue.

I know there is nothing wrong with the WDC_WD3200YS-01PGB0 HDD and also my motherboard which is an ASUS P5WDH Deluxe with the ICH7/R southbridge, all HDD's are connected to the SATA ports of the ICH7 in a NONE raid configuration, my system also boots without issue when i use the rescue media created with ATI 9.0 and ATI 10.0.

So this is what i would like to know, is there anyone who knows how to solve this issue, also is there anyone else having this issue and if so is it using the same HDD and southbridge(eg: ICH7) listed above, also if Acronis support read this post, can you tell me when this issue will be fixed in a new build because this never, ever happened with ATI 9 or ATI 10.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 20, 2007
  2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

If it were me, I would check the disk for error (chkdsk /r) and replace the SATA cable. This may not be the solution but at least it would rule out these two possibilities.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2007
  3. CarolinaMike

CarolinaMike Registered Member

d.chatten,
    You can use TI-10's boot disk w/ version 11 if you can not get the 11 bootdisk to properly work as per Acronis Support. That is what I am having to do as I can not even make a recovery disk in version 11 that will boot correctly. I think I will be returning my version of 11 tomorrow as version 10 really does see all of my SATA and e_SATA drives and gives me no problems w/ booting.

Edited: Added these words as Support has told me incorrectly

"as per Acronis Support"

Last edited: Sep 24, 2007
  4. d.chatten

Thanks for your input, but i have already run (chkdsk /r) and it found nothing, i have also run SpinRite 6 at level 5 and SpinRite also can't find anything wrong, i have also run the Dos and Windows versions of Western Digital's diag software and again nothing is found, as for the SATA cable, i have already changed it for known working ones and i still have the same issue, the only thing that can be causing this issue is the ATI 11 recovery media.

5. d.chatten

Thanks for the suggestion, but i think i will hold off installing ATI 11 untill Acronis support have sorted this out or provide me with a workaround.

6. d.chatten

Bump!

Just incase anyone asks, i have also tried the "acpi=off noapic" command and this doesn't help either.

7. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello d.chatten,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please collect some more information to let us investigate the issue thoroughly?

Please create Acronis Report, Windows system information and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If you are not able to create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) then please do the following:

- Boot your computer from Acronis Bootable Rescue Media and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option appears.
    - After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, remove the word "quiet", click on the OK button and choose "Full Version".

When the screen stop scrolling please write down the output information you receive (last 5-10 lines), or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screen. You can use Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn keys to scroll the screen manually.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

8. d.chatten

@Marat Setdikov

I have already reported this issue to Acronis support, incident # > [Acronis #1156000] and i have submitted a "report.txt" file created by the "AcronisReport.exe" tool, i have also submitted a Windows "System Info.nfo" file created by Windows because this is what they requested, however they didn't requst the output information from the Linux boot cd, as you will see below, i have now taken a pic of the output from the boot cd, would it be possible for you to forward this pic or take a look at incident # [Acronis #1156000] as i have sent all other relivent information to Acronis support.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

9. Acronis Support

Hello d.chatten,

We are sorry for the delayed response.

As I can see, your issue is being worked upon. You will be contacted as soon as possible.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

10. d.chatten

ACRONIS SUPPORT, THANK YOU!

What can i say, i received a custom built recovery media ISO image from Acronis support which worked perfectly, Acronis support also told me that these fixes would be iimplimented into a future build of ATI 11, i would also like to say a big "THANK YOU" to the Acronis support team for dealing with my issue in a very timely fashion, the support from Acronis was A1+.

Thanks!

11. Acronis Support

Hello d.chatten,

We are glad to hear that your issue has been solved and you can use Acronis True Image successfully.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

12. Wissard

Wissard Registered Member

I have the same Problems can the Support send me this new Version my registered email is fam.schroeder@gmx.info
    but my external Drive is a HDSA 500GB Samsung HD501LJ 7200rpm sATA II 16MB
    but i have the same failure when i boot
    Sry for my bad english

Thanks Dirk Schröder

13. Acronis Support

Hello Wissard,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please clarify, what version and build of Acronis True Image are you using? You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

Please create Acronis Report, Windows system information and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Please keep the drive in question connected and powered on during the creation process.

If you are not able to create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) then please do the following:

- Boot your computer from Acronis Bootable Rescue Media and press F11 key when the selection screen advising you to select either "Full", "Safe" or "Boot into Windows" option appears.
    - After you get the "Linux kernel command line" prompt, remove the word "quiet", click on the OK button and choose "Full Version".

When the screen stop scrolling please write down the output information you receive (last 5-10 lines), or use a digital camera to make shots of the output screen. You can use Shift+PgUp and Shift+PgDn keys to scroll the screen manually.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

14. Wissard

Ok thx i have all the reports,infos an pictures send to the support

now i will wait of the E-mail thx Acronis Support

15. Wissard

Here The Number from the Support [Acronis #1189438]
    Can you give me new Information can it be fixed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.