ATI 10 Upgrade

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Phil B., Oct 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phil B.

Phil B. Registered Member

Running ATI 8 Build 937 for quite a while with no problems. Downloaded ATI 10.0 upgrade. Installed and made recovery CD.

Validated my ATI 8 backup files with ATI 10 and did a restore of some folders that I deleted previously as a test. Everything worked fine. Also did an incremental backup with ATI 10, validated and mounted 2 partitions to check. Again, all OK.

Will be doing a full backup of the 5 partitions on my primary drive in a couple of days. Hope all goes well again.

ATI 10.0 looks good so far.

Phil B.:)

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

You're one of the lucky ones. Knock wood quick. :D :D

3. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I wouldn't consider the posts on this forum to be a statistically unbiased sample. The forum's main function is for people to report problems, not to say how well TI is working.

4. TgFriday

TgFriday Registered Member

Phil B.:
    Can you give us your computer details that works fine w/TI10.
    If we know MotherBoard,CPU,HDDs,USB-HDD... ,then we know TI may work properly w/similar configurations.

5. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Is that not what a trial version is for ? it cost nothing.

Xpilot

6. rbmorse

rbmorse Registered Member

It is, but it also helps to see if I have a component that is known to be problematic.

For the record, ATI 10 works fine here:

Intel D975XBX (BIOS 137:cool:
    ATI X1950XTX
    Intel Core2Duo 6600
    Corsair XMS memory (2 X 1 GB)
    Seagate 300GB 7200.8 PATA
    Seagate 300GB 7200.10/SATA II X 2
    Plextor PW-755SA (but I haven't tried backing up directly to optical disc)
    Microsoft Windows XP Home edition w/SP-2 and updates

7. Atomic_Ed

Atomic_Ed Registered Member

Guess I am lucky too as TI10 is so far really working great for me. Still need to explore all the features but the basics I have used so far work great. Actually seems to run much smoother on my system than ver 9 did.

8. Phil B.

Can you give us your computer details that works fine w/TI10.
    If we know MotherBoard,CPU,HDDs,USB-HDD... ,then we know TI may work properly w/similar configurations.[/QUOTE]

I have a Dell 4600 as follows:

Mainboard : Dell Computer Corp. 0F4491
    Chipset : Intel i865GV
    Processor : Intel Pentium 4 @ 2793 MHz
    Physical Memory : 1024 MB (4 x 256 DDR-SDRAM PC2700 @ 166 MHz)
    Video Card : Intel Corporation 82865G Integrated Graphics Device
    Hard Disk : ST3120026AS (120 GB)
    DVD-Rom Drive : HL-DT-STDVD-ROM GDR8162B (48x )
    CD-Rom Recorder : _NEC DVD+RW ND-2100AD CDR, CDR-W (40x ) (32x )
    Monitor Type : Dell Computer DELL 1703FP 17 inchs
    Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.01.2600 Service Pack 2
    Also have 2 external USB2 Maxtor hard drives. One is used to store ATI backups (100GB) and the other (200GB) has all my slides, photos and video files.

Phil B.

9. Phil B.

Ran a full backup (5 partitions), validated, mounted and restored 3 folders.
    All OK.

I will have to delete one of the partitions and and restore it via the recovery Cd.

Phil B.:)

10. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I've also used it successfully on Abit AA8-duramax; Abit VT7, IBM/Lenova Model MT- M8143. All of these have one or another mix of Sata 150s and IDE drives.

I initially had a problem with Windows Installer, so I had to uninstall and delete the old Acronis directories -- for some reason the uninstal routine wasn't doing it as it should -- wasn't the first time I had probsl with Windows Installer. Turns out others have too and MS provides a windows installer cleanup tool:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

The managed diretories feature is, to me, worth the price of the upgrade to 10.

Are there things still on my wish list? sure. But ATI 10 has enough of what I want to bmake bckups easy and automatic and restores have been relatively simple except for the need to use that darn F11 apci=off noapic entry with the VT7.

11. DEJAVU_US

DEJAVU_US Registered Member

Hi,just to confirm,Have TIV.8 Built 937 and downloaded TI10 today, will go ahead and install OVER my previous TI8. Is that OK?no need to uninstall V8?
    2nd question: looking at the instructions PDF I see the blue main welcome picture is different than V8, not longer Create/Restore Image choices but
    Backup/Recovery?
    Is Backup option same as Create Image?
    Thank you for your help.
    Apologize for this simple question, I searched prior posts and just couldnt find an answer.
    David

12. shieber

shieber Registered Member

It usually works to install over the old with ATI 10, however, if the windows installer isn't working right, you can have some problems.

I think the best thing is to install over the old, if everything seems to work, fine. If you have a problem, then uninstall and reboot and then check that the following directories are deleted by the uninstall:

program files\Acronis
    program files\common files\acronis
    documents and settings\all users\application data\acronis

If those directories are left behind, then delete them before installing/reinstalling ATI 10.

sh

13. DEJAVU_US

DEJAVU_US Registered Member

thank you Schieber
    David

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.