ATI-10 Installation Problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by TUBAL73, Aug 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TUBAL73

TUBAL73 Registered Member

Greetings:

I just purchased TrueImage 10 Home from the Acronis web site. I have the order
    number & serial number from the Acronis confirmation e-mail and have completed
    their registration form. TrueImage 10.0_s_en.exe has been downloaded to my
    desktop. My problem is that nothing happens when I double click the desktop
    icon. Neither "Open" nor "Run As" has any effect when I right click. Obviously
    ".exe" is not exe'ing and I don't know what to do next.

I have contacted Accronis Support via their web site and am awaiting a reply
    but I'd like to get started asap. I'm a computer novice so I need very simple
    step-by-step instructions.

I have a Compaq desktop PC with Windows XP Home SP2, Firefox browser and
    ZoneAlarm firewall. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

2. nb47

nb47 Registered Member

Try & reboot it ;it MIGHT help.Maybe even defrag it.

3. random110

random110 Registered Member

I too would think a restart would solve the problem.

Are you able to start any other setup files? My understanding is that when a Setup file is executed is has to open the Windows Installer Service or similar. If this is failing to start, it could be causing the problem.

4. TUBAL73

Rebooting was my first thought. Didn't help.
    Everything else seems to work fine.
    I disabled the ZoneAlarm firewall. That did'nt help either.

5. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Well, those were my first two thoughts also.

If you have an antivirus or anti-spyware program, disable those.

If that doesn't let the download run, download it again. Perhaps something happened that corrupted the downloaded file.

You could also burn the downloaded file to a CD and test it on another computer to confirm that it installs correctly on a different system.

6. TUBAL73

Tech Support thinks it's a corrupted download. They suggest I disable download
    managers and antivirus software and download again. I can turn off ZoneAlarm
    firewall and Symantec Antivirus easily enough but the download managers present a problem. I assume the download managers are in the browsers. I have
    Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox and I can't find how to disable download manager in either one. My default browser is Firefox. I assume it's the
    only one I need to disable. I've searched the help pages to no avail. I periodically run Ad-Aware and Spybot but I don't think they would affect a download. So, how do I disable Firefox's download manager?
    THANKS!

7. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

You don't. They were referring to add-on download managers not the feature that is built in to the browser. I download using Firefox with its built in download manager and never have a problem. Some of the add-ons actually split the file during download and reconstruct it when finished.

8. TUBAL73

thomasjk:

If I understand correctly I just turn off antivirus & firewall, use the link tech support gave me, wait for the setup icon to appear on my desktop, then double click it to begin the installation, after turning antivirus & firewall back on, of course. Correct?

Sorry to appear so dense but as I said, I'm very much a novice & don't want to mess up.

9. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Actually, I'd leave the AV and firewall off during the installation.

If you are NOT behind a router, disconnect the cable to the Internet. No router and no firewall is an invitation to be invaded.

10. TUBAL73

Hooray!! Installation successful (big sigh of relief).

I simply disabled AV and firewall and the process flowed perfectly.
    Many, many thanks to all who replied! I can sleep tonight.
    Now that the dang thing is installed I've got to learn to use it, but this forum will
    make that task much easier.

THANKS AGAIN!!

11. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello TUBAL73,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are glad to hear that your issue has been solved and you can use Acronis True Image successfully.

You can find the detailed instructions on how to use Acronis True Image 10.0 Home in the respective User's Guide.

If you have any further questions concerning Acronis software, please feel free to submit a request for technical support or post any of them on this forum. We will certainly try to help you in resolving any issues.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.