ATI 10 Install Rolling Back on Clean Install of XP Pro with latest patches (>SP3)

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mutley, Aug 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mutley

mutley Registered Member

Hi all,

I've just spent considerable time wiping my laptop, XP Pro install and starting all over. Unfortunatley I now find that ATI 10 is giving me install probs.

It took quite some time writing an email to tech support only to find there is no contact details, i just get sent around in circles by that wizard when your logged into the acronis site.

I have tried installing from the CD and from a download of the latest build (4942) but the install process rolls back before completion. I have followed the flow chart for troubleshooting (http://kb.acronis.com/sites/default/files/content/2006/1/1522/troubleshooting_installation_ii.htm) and produced the files as per this guide (http://kb.acronis.com/content/1647) on creating and inspecting an msi.log file.

I can't see that the preceeding lines before the error (return value 3) in the msi log match any of the examples given on the acronis web site. The prior action to the first occurance of the ruturn value 3 error is "_USRCUSTACT_MsiUpdateASZ_TrueImageSecZone. ".

I've also tried clearing down the temp folder in "\Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings\Temp" and closing Comodo but the same occurs.

Any help much appreciated.

Justin

Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  2. nb47

nb47 Registered Member

You might have to uninstall & reinstall Acronis & you might need a patch to completely uninstall it too. I assume you still have the serial number. Good luck!

3. mutley

mutley Registered Member

Hi nb47,

Thanks, yes still got serial number as its a brand new pack that I purchased some time ago when I anticipated buying another laptop. I have had it working on this machine in the past as I also had the latest build from upgrading the version that came with a Freecom external drive. On the previous XP install on this machine it would have been installed earlier on in the lifecycle of MS updates. However as I've completed this XP install and spent some time installing and configuring stuff I would like to find a solution that doesn't mean wiping the drive again and starting over.

I have as part of configuring this XP install stopped the Messenger Service to prevent network message spam occuring whilst connected to the internet and also used Group Policy to disable the original XP Windows Messenger. I mention this as I know ATI does have an option once installed to display messages using one of these when creating an image.

Any idea where I can get a patch to ensure there are no remnants of previous install attempts?

Regards
    Justin

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Justin,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

First of all, please use build #4942 to install the program.

To resolve the issue please do the following:

To resolve the issue could you please do the following?

1. Please use Windows Cleanup utility to remove possible installer traces of the previous installations.

1) Download the Windows CleanUp utility from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/en-us, install and run it;
    2) Select Acronis True Image (if there is any) and hit Remove;

2. Reboot the computer.

3. Temporally disable your Anti-Virus software (including Firewalls).

4. Manually delete the content of the following folder: C:\documents and settings\[account_name]\local settings\temp

5. Try to install the product again from the scratch.

If the issue remains, please collect a new .msi log file and attach to your next post.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

5. mutley

mutley Registered Member

Hello Oleg,

Thanks for your assistance, unfortunately it is still doing the same so am attaching the msi.log as you suggest, hope it sheds some light on what I can do to rectify problem.

The MS Cleanup utility did not show ATI in the list of programs so am not sure that stage was able to remove any more.

I've had to split the msi log over two files as the forum limit on this type of file is set to 1MB per file.

I've also removed some details from the file such as the PID and my company name and replaced this text with ***removed for privacy***.

Regards
    Justin

Attached Files:

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Justin,

Thank you for the provided information.

Could you please let me know via PM the e-mail address to a further troubleshooting? Also, please let me know via PM the e-mail address under which you have registered the license.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.