ATI 10 Home - Locking Partition C

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by kevindalby, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevindalby

kevindalby Registered Member

HELP HELP

i've used the ATI 9 product for someone else on a Dell system and was able to image a desktop (during boot process) in 4 minutes.

now, i've purchased 10 home (retail box) for my own use - i'm running it on a Toshiba Tablet, XP Pro Tablet SP2 1.3 GHz proc. with 40 gb drive.

I don't have more than 1/2 the drive in use. When I run the backup to a network path (win98se box) via UNC I get TERRIBLE performance - it sits on Locking partition C message forever and I can't tell if it's doing anything. The file on the target network drive does not grow.

I assume it is trying to lock the local C drive and not the target. I use only AVG anti-virus and have disabled this feature after doing a clean boot (not running any programs after login) without any change. I've let it go to 6% after 20 minutes but, that unacceptable performance and i don't believe it is actually 'doing' anything.

I have the latest available build installed.

I was hoping to image the drive to the network location before creating the secure partition for imaging from time to time when i do software test drives.

any help appreciated

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello kevindalby,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please be aware that Acronis True Image was never tested with Tablet computers, and we can not guarantee its correct work in such environment.
    We recommend you to download the latest version of Acronis drivers and install it with disabled logging.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. kevindalby

kevindalby Registered Member

OK,

I'll download the driver and see how that goes.

I made a pre-purchase enquiry about compatibility and was sent a response e-mail indicating that it was compatible since the 'tablet' edition is essentially XP Pro SP 2 underneath.

The retail box does not warn that it is not compatible with Tablets....

I'll let you know the outcome - I assume that the 'acronis' drivers will not harm any windows files, that they are solely for use by ATI?

Kevin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.