ATI 10 and DNS Request

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by minoka, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minoka

minoka Registered Member

Hello,

My firewall, Outpost Pro 4, is reporting the following (I blocked the request)

2:47:11 PM SCHEDHLP.EXE Blocked Application that is not network-enabled is attempting to submit DNS request. Application: Acronis Scheduler Helper

Windows Event viewer shows 2 Application errors:

Source Acronis Test Program (what is this?) for both:

Category 14 event ID 11
    The description for Event ID ( 11 ) in Source ( Acronis Test Program ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Member invoke failed (0xE000B)
    token = "Fomatik.Export.ParseUriResource"
    Tag = 0x298D61E7C0088C79
    Given URI is empty (0x260001)
    Tag = 0x2904AD1EB097FB95.

Category 38 Event ID 1
    The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( Acronis Test Program ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Given URI is empty (0x260001)
    Tag = 0x2904AD1EB097FB95.

Thanks for any explanation.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello minoka,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please take a look at this previous post explaining what schedhlp.exe and other Acronis processes like schedul2.exe, TrueImageMonitor.exe and TimounterMonitor.exe are and why it is not recommended to disable them. You may also find this thread interesting.

As for the second question, please be aware that we have already received similar requests from other Acronis customers. As I stated in this previous thread (post #35) this issue was fixed. The fix will be included into the next build of Acronis True Image 10.0 Home.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. minoka

minoka Registered Member

Thanks for replying.

But, why would SCHEDHLP.EXE try to connect to the internet?
    I have not disabled any of Acronis resident modules.

4. minoka

minoka Registered Member

Bump + update

Again I received a request by schedhlp.exe to allow DNS Api Request.
    This time, I blocked it. This action, however, also prevented Firefox 2.0.0.1 from connecting anywhere. Why?
    Restarting firefox fixed the no connection problem.
    I have read all the threads listed in previous reply.

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello minoka,

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Could you please collect the following information?

- Screen shot of the message, which shows that schedhlp.exe is attempting to submit DNS request;

- When exactly you received this message?

- Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. This information would let us check the correctness of your actions, investigate the issue and provide you with a possible solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

6. minoka

minoka Registered Member

OK. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.