ATI 10 [4942] + Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 + Vista + Rescue Disk works

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by atitlan, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atitlan

atitlan Registered Member

This is one of the motherboards with the difficult Intel P965 & ICH8/ICH8R chipsets. I am using two SATA drives in a non-raid configuration.

The boot disk from the two-builds earlier version had to run in "Safe" mode to load on the Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3.

Now, with Build 4,942 the rescue boot disk loads in Full mode. It recognizes the two hard drives with six partitions of my system. Four existing tib archives, made in Vista, were found and verified.

As Acronis documentation and Tech Support cautions, the program loaded from the boot disk assigns different drive letters to existing partitions than Windows, while retaining the same volume names. Hence it is imperative to name your partitions distinctively and know these well for the sake of matching archive to partition in a restoration.

Stand alone Desktop:
    Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 (rev. 1.0) BIOS F7
    Intel C2D E6400
    Kingston 2 GB DDR2 667 [KVR667D2N5K2/2G]
    Cooling: Thermalright SI-128 + Scythe S-FLEX
    Stable Overclock@3.2 GHz
    Thermaltake TR2 500W Power Supply ATX12V V2.0
    4 x WD2500KS Caviar SE16 250GB SATA 3.0Gb
    Gigabyte 7600 GT Silent Pipe II
    Audigy 2 ZS Platinum /kX driver 3538m
    Samsung DVD-RW SH-S182D
    LG CD-RW/DVD ROM 4522B

Windows Vista Ultimate

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello atitlan,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I'm really glad to hear that you are satisfied with the work of Acronis software.

We will certainly do our best in order to provide you with the good and reliable software in the future as well.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.