At Newark Airport, the Lights Are On, and They’re Watching You

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by lotuseclat79, Feb 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

2. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

In an airport environment, the cameras really have value...in aiding predictive profiling and for monitoring Threat-Oriented Passengers.

3. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

I also have no problem with this in airports and other transportation facilities. To put this in context, by the way, such places are at times patrolled by police of various sorts, with assault rifles and/or attack dogs ;)

4. mattdocs12345

mattdocs12345 Registered Member

I will go even further. I don't mind public places having cameras.

5. Taliscicero

Taliscicero Registered Member

I agree Airports should have cameras. If not for the obvious reasons, for your own protection as everything is recorded.

6. mattdocs12345

I just wished those cameras had a back up recording re-routed to a civilian independent review committee. I do not trust TSA or the gov't.

7. ssbtech

ssbtech Registered Member

Not a fan myself. Sensitive infrastructure or transport hubs? Sure. General CCTV lining the roads? I don't think it's doing much to deter crime in London.

While I can accept that there's no reasonable expectation of privacy in public, I don't think it's unreasonable to not want to be photographed and videotaped going about your daily routine.

8. mattdocs12345

It's not about preventing crime it's putting away guys who do commit a crime. Better yet putting the criminals on the electric chair.

9. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

The more cameras outside in public places the better. They help solve a lot of crime. Security Cameras in Businesses are great to.

10. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Well, they do have the indirect effect of preventing crime because criminals taken off the street are no longer committing crimes.

11. mattdocs12345

Not only that. We need more cameras here in United States to protect us from the police abuse. Just take a look at this video footage and you will be amazed how crooked the cops are in here.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=544852938946141

And we need more cameras on the streets to put away those thugs too:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/22/justice/knockout-game-teen-assaults/

12. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

If Google Glass and follow-ons take off, we may eventually have cameras everywhere, with image search and face recognition. With everything public, or potentially so, we'll have a mutual panopticon.

But the good part is that everything except non-defensive aggression will become acceptable :) See The Last Trumpet Project at http://lasttrumpetproject.com/.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.