Associated processes running with TI-11

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by SeasideC, Dec 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeasideC

SeasideC Registered Member

I use True Image 11 to make a full backup once a month, and incremental backup about halfway through the month, manually, saved to an external hard drive. I notice in task manager there are various processes running related to True Image (Timounter Monitor exe/TrueImage Monitor exe/TryStartService etc.)
    Do I need these running all the time, the way I use the program, or can I disable them?
    Thanks.

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

YOu only need them running if you want to use any ATI features like scheduling tasks, running backups, etc. You can stop the services or end the processes and just restart or reload them when you you want ot use ATI. Possibly the easiest way would be to use msconfig. Otoh, the amount of resources involved is so small, you probably won't notice any benefits from this.

Somewhere on this forum there's a listing what what each ofhte services/processes does.

3. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Once a TI rescue CD has been burned the really paranoid can uninstall TI completely and run manually from the CD. But of course the great features of being able to schedule backups to run automatically without re-booting would be thrown away for very little gain, if any can be noticed, while the extra time taken running everything manually would be considerable.

Xpilot

4. SeasideC

SeasideC Registered Member

Shieber and XPilot, thanks for your advice.:thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.