ASquared and Ewido Anti-Trogen. Info on software

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Mike_aust, Jan 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike_aust

Mike_aust Guest

One member suggested someone should possibly down load these in the post about p2p software. Could anyone give me some information about this software. I have looked for reviews and things for the software on download.com but could on find the Asquared software. Ewido didnt appear. I was considering ASquared but it didnt have many rewies and i usually only download softare that has a high user rating and people have reveiwed alot.

Could anyone give me information about these two programs. Like there pros and cons. I will onyl be using the freeware versions of them so. So could you gi ve me info on there ease of use effectivness ay problems associated with them. I wouldnt say im a complete novice on computers, but im not confident enough to play around in the windows registry or anything so could you tell me if any of these ever require me to and things. So pretty much a general over view of these two prducts.

Thanks.

Michael.

2. mikel108

mikel108 Registered Member

3. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I have been using Ewido Security Suite as a backup mostly for spyware detection.I haven't had any problems with it.
    I installed Ewido on a friend's computer that was infected and it detected a "load" of spyware and some trojans.It did effectively remove those malware.

The pros are:
    Daily updates.
    Easy to use.
    Analysis tools for Processes,Connections,and Startup.

4. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

Since you are going to use the free version the cons are:
    1) Will not scan into archives
    2) No real time protection
    3) No memory scanner

5. Andreas Haak

Andreas Haak Guest

In case of a² the cons are:

- no guard and not easy to use autoupdate

Otherwise the versions are nearly the same. The free version has all the features the personal version has. The autoupdate can be done by yourself using the windows task scheduler. Just run a2upd.exe /silent as often as you wish.

By the way:

Currently a new system editor is in beta testing. Feel free to try it. It mainly covers most regions of the registry used by browser hijackers and trojans, supports port to process mapping and many other things :).

http://forum.emsisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=2434

6. wolfpack

wolfpack Guest

I use both A2 free and Ewido free, and I would highly recommend you get them both. They are both very good anti-trojans that are very well worth having, even if you can only do manual scans with them.

7. JayTee

JayTee Registered Member

It may be good to get a paid AT version if u can afford it, and support the community. One reason why I paid for ewido (sorry A2 wasn't on my radar screen then) and would probably pay for AntiVir updates if they ever came out with a paying version at a reasonable price.

8. dannyboy 950

dannyboy 950 Registered Member

Andreas

The link you gave gives me this

CGI Error
    The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers.

Aside from that I use both ewido and A Squared and have found them both well behaved and have removed the few things they have found.

I don't get many trojans or viruses either good surfing habits or just dumb luck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.