Asking for English equivalent (warning Helpfile EA10)

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by FanJ, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Hi all,

I am asking for your help.

I am getting this warning (see screenshot) at the Helpfile of Express Assist 10.

EA10_2010_01_18_1.gif

http://ajsystems.com/expressassist/ea.html

I am running the Dutch version of XP home SP3 with IE6.
    I would like to send the English equivalent of that warning to AJSystems (sending the Dutch wording doesn't make much sense).
    Well, I could try to translate it in English with my poor English knowledge, but I think that it would be better to have the exact English equivalent.

Thanks much in advance !!!

BTW: I don't remember that I have ever seen such a warning on an Helpfile.

2. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

It's an Internet Explorer warning. Does this translation help?

http://translate.google.com/?hl=en&tab=wT#nl|en|Door%20uw%20huidige%20beveiligingsinstellingen%20kunnen%20ActiveX-besturingselementen%20op%20deze%20pagina%20niet%20worden%20uitgevoerd.%20Deze%20pagina%20wordt%20mogelijk%20niet%20juist%20weergegeven.

To me it sounds like your current security settings are blocking an ActiveX control from running. It's possible the page will not display properly.

I have no knowledge of the Dutch language.

3. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

My best guess it that it is an incompatability issue with an outdated and insecure Browser.

It would behoove the user to proceed to their local Langauge locale and download Internet Explorer 8.

4. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Thanks innerpeace and Randy.

But for the moment I'm looking for the exact English equivalent of that warning by my IE 6.
    That is what Al of AJSystems is asking me for.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  5. TonyKlein

TonyKlein Security Expert

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  6. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Thanks Ton !!!

Thanks also once again to innerpeace and Randy, and to those who sent me PM's about it !

I hope that AJSystems can do something about it.

At the other hand, I know that my security settings for IE (6) are very restricted.
    That being said, I keep wondering why I get this warning for the very first time on an Help file. Note also that I am a long time user of Express Assist. For example the Help file for EA 9 does not give me that warning, neither does the Help file of Eazy Backup 4 (also from AJSystems). Something must have been changed in the way the Help file for EA 10 was built up.

And yes, I am very well aware that it should be better that I upgrade to IE 8.

Anyway, I'm not at my best lately due to flu and fever; I'm going to bed again now.

Big thanks again to you all !!!

7. siljaline

Your most welcome Fan, glad that you got what you needed.
    The IE patch is expected on Windows update tomorrow.

Cheers !

8. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

Hi,

It's fixed :)

I had again contact with Al of AJSystems. He did read the postings here in this thread and added his thanks too.
    He asked me to post a similar note as he emailed me. I'll try to do so in my own words.
    He was able to reproduce the message which I got with IE security settings to High.
    The compiled Help files (CHM files) use parts of IE to display the Help files content. So, changes in IE affect the Help files.
    There was nothing wrong with the Help file from a security point of view.
    The EA10 Help file was originally compiled with a different "skin" than the one used for the EA9 or Eazy Backup 4 Help files (where I don't get such a warning).
    He has now recompiled the EA10 Help file with a new skin. Both he and me are now getting no more that warning on it from IE.
    For those interested:
    It can be downloaded from hxxp://ajsystems.com/xfiles/EA10.chm
    (replace the obvious hxxp with the correct one),
    and let it replace the existing file in your EA10 folder.

So, everything fine again !!! All is well that ends well ! :D

Big thanks to Al of AJSystems and to all who helped here and behind the scenes :thumb:

9. siljaline

10. FanJ

FanJ Updates Team

PS:
    Al told me that the new Help file is now included in the new setup for EA10 - for those users that happen to want to use the top security setting in IE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.