Ask Toolbar a Threat?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DVD+R, May 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I've noticed now that several companies are bundling the Ask Toolbar with their software, to name a Couple Webroot (Spy Sweeper) and Ahead (Nero)
    The most interesting thing is that NOD32 Antivirus blocks this installation by Quarentining it stating its a Variant of Win32 Ad Installer :blink: Now the qusetion I have is, Why the Hell wouldn an Anti Spyware Company like Webroot, include this installer with their Anti Spyware Spy Sweeper o_O :blink: I emailed them and asked them this very same question, but they blatently skipped around the Question,and sent a reply saying I can uninstall it via Add/Remove programs :ninja: Considering I didnt choose to install it anyway, or rather NOD32 Quarentined it before it could execute, The Answer was very Lapsical from tech support at Webroot :doubt: I replied with something I cant publish here :cautious: but you can guess what :cautious: as I basted them for totally Ignoring the first question,and many others I've posed in the past,with slipshor Attitudes,and duff answers by posting FAQ's from their website in reply emails,which they seem to find easier, than actually Answering what the customer Asks. I've still got 20 months left on my subscription, and I expect any other requests for support will be treated the same way :ouch:

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hello,
    many companies seem to include toolbars spysweeeper,AVG,Nero etc
    Kaspersky detects the ask toolbar as riskware.
    i have no idea why companies thinking including such a toolbar with there program is a good idea...

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

My God! SpySweeper installing a suspicious toolbar! What a radiculous behavior- Antispyware itself acting as a spyware. :eek: :eek: :eek: SpySweeper must be thrown out of the window.

AVG followed similar line, so radiculous!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.