Ashampoo CEO's 51 Birthday Bundle

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Firecat, Apr 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Well, Ashampoo has launched a new offer, presumably to celebrate the 51st birthday of the company's CEO. The offer says that for $49.99 you can get the following applications:

Ashampoo AntiVirus
    Ashampoo Magical Defrag
    Ashampoo Magical Security
    Ashampoo WinOptimizer Platinum 3
    Ashampoo Unistaller Platinum 2
    Ashampoo Photo Commander 4
    Ashampoo Burning Studio 6

Thats $279 worth of software discounted into $49.99. Pretty good deal if you ask me. You can see the offer at the main Ashampoo page, or else you can directly go to the checkout page by following this link:

https://ashampoo.cleverbridge.com/1...veryFax=&deliverySalutationId=MR_&x-mid=29434

No idea why the name field on the purchase page shows some Ashampoo employee's name, but hey, the offer is good. ;)

2. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

On april 29 only:

3. MaB69

MaB69 Registered Member

Hi all,

One funny things :

If i convert to Euro, the price is the same o_O

MaB

4. Firecat

I noticed that too. Very strange o_O

And why is the purchase link even active when the offer only goes online on the 29th?

5. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I think most of that stuff has been offered for free at some point. Although it was for a prior release of the uninstaller and defragger, still not bad products though. A link to the thread which contained links to free full versions is below.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=159899&highlight=ashampoo

If anyone has used the Ashampoo AV I would be interested in knowing if it scans mail or not (is it like free antivir or the paid version?).

Thanks.

6. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I can't use any of these softwares, so the 29th day of April will be a normal day for me. :(
    I don't consider 51 Birthday as a special one, 50 Birthday is more acceptable.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2007
  7. Firecat

My thoughts on Ashampoo AntiVirus are as follows:

1) When I used it, it only scanned email file formats via real time scanner, i.e. it didn't have a dedicated email scanner. However, the latest version's change log says that "Improved E-Mail scanning at high security level", so maybe they added it.

2) Its heuristic analysis is currently only active for on-demand scanner. Ashampoo will integrate the heuristics into the real-time scanner in a later version to be released at an unspecified date.

3) You can only set primary action upon detection of malware, i.e. there is no secondary action specification (i.e. You can only configure it to either clean or quarantine malware on detection, not "clean or else quarantine")

4) It detects all the same things as AntiVir Premium (uses the same database). However, I am not so sure about the rootkit detection because Ashampoo has already integrated this function into their AntiSpyware application.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.