ashampoo burning studio 10 released

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by zfactor, May 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

2. ruinebabine

ruinebabine Registered Member

Yes, and as usual, they had a free promo just yesterday for the latest version 9.2.4_7188, and this giveway will surely resurface everywhere on the net in weeks to come. Interestingly, it seems that many early users don't like that much the kinda bloated 10 released. So one could think that you'd better to watch and jump on some promo for the free v9.24.
    See, this post there as an exemple...
    And there always is available the free and lighter IMGBurn as a great alternative, that I now prefer to BurningStudio.

3. zfactor

and still they have not added the ability to add track names to audio cd's

4. ruinebabine

Yes, you are so right. Do you know of a good one for this task, by any chance? Or is it available in IMGburn and I simply overlooked it?

5. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Can MediaMonkey do that? I thought it could, unless I am thinking of something different than what you are talking about.

6. ruinebabine

Could be, never used MediaMonkey.
    I am talking about, when burning an audio CD, burner will label wav tracks with only "Unknown" for the artist and title names, even if I first unput all the correct tags.
    It's not a big problem if the CD is to be played on a pc because the music player will usually go grab the info in some freedb. But if CD played on house audio system or in the car, no track/album info will be showable.
    Searching the web, it seems to be a fairly common problem and, last time I checked, I did not find a workable solution for when my music to burn is not referenced in any free online database...

7. Tony

Tony Registered Member

8. zfactor

imgburn does track names and title/artist... select write image file to disc, select the audio icon (a disc with a note on top of it), add the cue, m3u, or tracks into it, cd text options are at the bottom, if you want to use your custom tags click the session 1 above your imported tracks and select tag at the bottom, you can then click the picture that looks like a notepad at the bottom left to see what the names are listed as and correct as necc.

Last edited: May 29, 2010
  9. ruinebabine

Thanks much for this info, I will try again with IMGburn later today and report back here. But I think it was about the procedure that I was using at my last tried some weeks ago. Will see, and if it does not work I will think about giving a try to MediaMonkey, then.

10. ruinebabine

I followed this procedure to a T, entering each artist name and title track by hand, with no better result: only Unknown Artist and Unknown Title track on the resulting 2 audio CDs! And all this info was checking right in the cue file before beginning the burning process. I don't see why it's not working and find it bothering as Heell...

11. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

12. ASM

ASM Registered Member

I have used the Ashampoo Burning Studio since V4... but it add more and more function, at time I find it slow... So now I am using it for Data burning...

For mp3, I use Easy CD-DA Extractor...the Swiss Army Knife Of Digital Audio, just worth the money. And sometime MediaMonkey Gold... best that both come with lifetime license and you don't pay a single cent for upgrade.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

13. zfactor

love cd da extractor though in the past ive had some issues with it at times. imo if ashampoo would for some reason get off their butts and add cd text for audio cd's it would probably be the only thing i normally use. i just dont understand why they can not do this when everyone else has it already. anyway ive unintsalled ashampoo 10 and will use imgburn and ill give cd da a shot. i ALWAYS use imgburn but there are some things with audio files it cant do like extract them etc... also it can not do a direct 1-1 copy of a disc data or audio. so it makes it a longer procc in having to create a iso first then burn the iso back to the new blank. ashampoo does allow a direct copy etc... i WILL NEVER use nero or roxio again so i guess ill live with some limitations..

14. zfactor

50+$ for cd da is a bit steep though imo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.