Ashampoo AntiSpyware betas?/x64 bit

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by shakethebabyass, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shakethebabyass

shakethebabyass Registered Member

I have a subscription to Ashampoo Antispyware, however I now have 64bit Windows 7 and AA only works on 32. Is anyone aware of how to get a beta is one exist that may work on my machine? I have contacted them but they never reply with a direct answer.

Thanks.

2. subset

subset Registered Member

Ashampoo AntiSpyWare and Ashampoo AntiVirus will be replaced by Ashampoo Anti-Malware soon.

Don't know what that means for owners of valid licenses for AntiSpyWare and AntiVirus.

Ashampoo Anti-Malware is a clone of a2 Anti-Malware and will be released on 20. January.

Preview of the German GUI:
    http://typemania.de/presse/wp-content/ashampooantimalware1screen1.jpg

Cheers

3. shakethebabyass

shakethebabyass Registered Member

Thank you very much. That is good to hear maybe they will offer it for 64 bit based machines.

Do you know if it is possible to get it now or a beta version?

Thanks Again.

4. subset

subset Registered Member

I think it offers the new Emsi engine, so it should support x64.

Nope, there is just a press release on the German Ashampoo site, nothing else.
    As it's most likely just a rebrand of a2 there is not much to test.

Cheers

5. emsisoft

emsisoft Security Expert

Ashampoo Anti-Malware uses a licensed dualengine of Emsisoft. Guard components and GUI are made by Ashampoo, it's not a rebrand or 'clone' actually. Or would you call GData a clone of BitDefender too? ;)

6. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

For how long has Ashampoo made a guard component? I thought they only offered OEM licenses and a different GUI. Ashampoo AS 2 did not have the A2 malware-ids (whatever it's called) and there was no other "guard" that I was aware except for some basic settings. But I had not heard Ashampoo made any guard of their own.

7. subset

subset Registered Member

Well, wrong guess, now I know better.

Cheers

8. emsisoft

emsisoft Security Expert

Ashampoo never used guard technology from Emsisoft, just the scan engine that was used by guard and scanner. They have made the onExecution guard for Antispyware as well as the new guard for their upcoming Anti-Malware by themselves.

9. littlebits

littlebits Registered Member

Ashampoo Anti-Virus used Avira in the past, did they drop Avira to use a-squared and Ikarus engines?

What I heard was Ashampoo was going the use a-squared engines with Avira in their new Anti-Malware product.

Can anyone verify the truth?

By the way Ashampoo Anti-Malware is released.
    http://www2.ashampoo.com/webcache/html/1/product_2_0249___USD.htm

Thanks.:)

10. quanzi_1507

quanzi_1507 Registered Member

According to what I've heard, Ashampoo AS uses a-quared's engine, while Ashampo AV uses Avira engine.

Since the a-squared's engine gets updated and is now covering a larger field (virus + spyware), Ashampoo releases Ashampoo Anti-malware (a-squared & Ikarus) to replace both its AV and AS products.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.