as of today...

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Infinity, Feb 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

OK, I am not the easiest when it comes down to software and to be honest I heard nothing but the greatest things of Boclean.

I am a proud owner of Ewido too (and this baby is very gentle with me, I like it very much).

Since I was thinking that Ewido has only an on demand memory scanner and a on demand/on access scanner (doing a great job) I was thinking bout Boclean since it is only but a memory scanner...

to make a long story rather short :) :

now I have a resident memory scanner (Boc) and a resident on access/on demand scanner (ewido)

I am fairly pleased now and covered for years :D

have a wonderful evening

p.s. no slowdowns what so ever and glad I purchased it.

Inf.

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Both are excellent AT's.

I also have BOClean resident and Ewido (full version) as an on-demand scanner on one of my boxes here. Trojans have no chance! :D

If you ever need it, the support from BOClean is superb. You may be lucky and find Kevin in reflective mode, then you can expect a very long, interesting and informative email.

Now all we have to wait for is TDS-4 :p

3. Infinity

yes, that would be interesting...:D

and the new Ewido too...both are expected in a few months I presume...till then we are covered indeed

I really like the cpu usage of ewido a steady 8.5 mb's... I am using both on access, that shouldn't give any problems I guess since Boclean is memory and ewido is on access

Inf.

4. Infinity

question: how come boclean isn't autostarting with the rest of my setup?

5. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

When i originally purchased boclean ,i was quite disappointed at the lack of gui,scanner etc (i already had trojanhunter and tds3 and was comparing it to them).However after boclean caught various trojans more often than not before the other two had the trojan defs , i have come to rate it as my personal favourite.Boclean should autostart and sets it that way as default upon installtion..Have you ticked it to autostart in configuartion?.Check also that a registry monitor such as spybots teatimer or similar app is not blocking the autostart entry.
    ellison

6. Infinity

yes, it was regrun blocking it, some thing I had done in the future...

I really like this Boclean,

Inf.

7. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

FYI: the ewido guard also scans in memory (like boclean does) ;)

8. quexx88

quexx88 Registered Member

It might be off-topic, but thank you for such a marvelous program, fish25 :D

9. Infinity

yes, I was aware of that Fish but I still wanted to have that program, and there was a discount somewhere on the web I could not let pass it...

:D

10. Blackcat

Is this recommended, running 2 AT's together, particularly if a trojan infection occurs? :doubt:

11. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Blackcat said..
    "Is this recommended, running 2 AT's together, particularly if a trojan infection occurs?"

Thats an intresting concept.It has also occured to me the problems one can get when running other ,layered software.For example if you was using a registry monitor such as regprot,netcommando lite ,or process guard ,an antivirus such as nod and a trojan detector such as boclean.When a trojan infection is intercepted by all 3 apps at the same time it can (at least its happened in my experience) cause older systems to effectively hang.One app that does the lot (and work on my old 98 system )would be nice.
    ellison

12. Infinity

I have them both on access and they are very gentle, the memory usage is still the same as before and I'll keep you informed.

cheers

13. Blackcat

INFINITY,

But maybe any conflicts will only be seen if a trojan is detected :doubt: but I hope all goes well.

Are you seeing any large CPU spikes with the Ewido Guard? This is the main reason why I am not running it in real time.

Further, with a running AV Monitor as well, do you think you need these 2 AT's running together? You must surf on the very dark side !!!!!!

14. Infinity

at the moment I am still experimenting with some stuff, I honeypotted some nasties and I am looking if they supplement eachother or rather give problems next to eachother.

right now it looks OK, but I'll keep you informed, regarding the cpu usage at the moment it is boclean using every 10 secs 3-6% and Ewido is using practically nothing...

but this eve I'll can say a bit more

In.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.