Article about Dr.Web v5

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by risl, Sep 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

I can't wait. Decided to un-install NIS 2009- too many annoying issues. Back to the ease and simplicity of Dr. Web. I am using the anti-spam version and I can tell you it is by far the most effective and I have used all anti-spam programs. My ISP filters mail, but still lets a lot thru the door.

2. risl

risl Registered Member

Welcome "back" then.. enjoy the simplicity, ease and functionality. Your Winpatrol and Acronis will fill the gap in detection people talk about regarding Dr.Web.

3. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

Thanks I never really went away because I alternate between Avira and Dr. Web and have for some time. I also use Prevx CSI for a daily scan. But it has found nothing- as Dr. Web offers strong protection and heuristics that are nearly as good as Avira in my view.

People in this forum that bash Dr. Web do not know what they are talking about. I know that important modules will be "modernized" in forthcoming versions, so it will be a complete package in the near future.

4. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

remember however, that the first beta is an intermediate one, it will not have the GUI/control centre yet, it's first more important to get it working right first

Then, the GUI etc will be implemented in another build of The beta.

We'll see how it goes.

Well, this is the plan as I know anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.